Nine

This was it. We were at the studios, about to start filming. Hannah and I were up first.

I was completely ready. Wearing a knee-length red dress, and my hair straight this time, I was about to go on stage with Hannah. Maybe for the last time. This might be my last chance on stage and sing in front of everyone. And I was going to sing as if it was my last chance. I was going to sing in a way that would surprise people. I wasn't going to let Hannah walk all over me. I could do this, and I could beat her.

'I suppose I should say good luck,' Hannah said, almost a whisper. 'But it won't help anyway.'

I didn't pay any attention to her. I wasn't going to let her bully me into not doing well.

We walked onto the stage. I kept my head held high, trying to look confident, trying to look like I could do this. Now I was on the stage, everything was different. This wasn't us rehearsing. This was the real thing.

The music began playing. This was my chance. And I was going to snatch this chance.

'Remember those walls I built
Baby they're tumbling down
They didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make up a sound'

That was my first part. I managed to do it. I managed to do it even when Hannah was at my side. Even when Hannah had tried to make me nervous before hand. That shows how much bullies can do. Ignore them, and they really don't matter. It was her turn to sing now.

'I found a way to let you in
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now'

This was when we had to sing together now. This was the part I was most nervous about because Hannah's voice was so overpowering.

'It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breaking
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't ever gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away'

'I can feel your halo' I sung, ignoring everyone in the room, it was just me now. Nothing mattered apart from my signing right now.
'I can see your halo' Hannah looked over at me as she sung it, fake smiling. She hated me, alright. I could see it in her eyes. She absolutely hated me.
'I can feel your halo' I repeated, looking at Hannah. I felt the most confident I had ever been.
'I can see your halo' Hannah sung, trying to overpower me. She didn't understand that she couldn't do anything now. It was over for one of us.

I had never heard applause as loud. And I'm not boasting. It was deafening. People were stood up clapping. That included all four coaches.

'Hazel Jones and Hannah Morrell, everyone!' Emma shouted, coming onto stage. The applause got louder again. I couldn't believe it.

'Wow,' Ricky said. 'No, seriously, wow.' He laughed. 'Hannah, you were brilliant - that song suited your voice really well, and you have a great stage presence. Hazel... wow. You surprised me there. I didn't think that you could even get much better, but this... this proves it different. You were amazing Hazel.'

The rest of the coaches said pretty much the same. They loved it too. I hadn't really changed at all though, had I?

'Well, Ricky, you have to choose between one of these amazing singers,' Emma said. 'Who would you keep on your team?'

Shouts of mine and Hannah's names came from the audience. Ricky laughed at everyone.

'Hannah, you were amazing... but I'm sorry, Hazel was just... there. So the stunning Hazel is on my team!' He practically shouted, and the audience erupted again.

I ran off of the stage. I was so happy! Ricky had actually picked me.

'You were amazing.' Ricky said, and hugged me. I couldn't help but cry. I know - it seemed like I was overreacting, but I was so relieved that I was through.
I pulled away from the hug. 'Hey,' Ricky said softly. 'Don't cry. You did it.' He said, and led me off to the backstage area. He turned around and went back to his seat, while the other coaches had time to steal Hannah.

That time went by, and no-one stole her. I was so happy. Bullies shouldn't be allowed to have great things happen to them.

I watched the rest of the show go almost as if I was in a trance.

I did it. I was through to the live shows of The Voice. I had really done it.