Eleven

A/N

Hey, I'm sorry I'm updating so slowly, but I'm so busy with revision and everything. I am updating when I can though! 

I love it when you all comment, you're all so sweet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up around lunch time the next day, really enjoying my sleep not being interrupted by singing. Hannah was gone, there was no sign of her in here now. 

I was sad when Jess told me she was going. It was hard to know that for you to stay in, people lost out on their dreams. It made me feel bad, because I felt selfish. I felt as if I was in the way of other people's dreams.

I got up and walked through to the kitchen-diner-lounge area of the flat. Lexi was sat down, looking at her phone. 

'Hey,' I said, still not fully awake. 

‘You we’re in late last night,’ Lexi said, looking up from her phone. 

I hadn’t checked the time when I got in, but it wasn’t too much later after the end of the filming. Yeah, I was in after her, but is wasn’t too late.

I shrugged it off. ‘The taxi took a long while to come,’ I said. I know that I shouldn’t be lying to her, but I had no idea who I could trust. I was too used for people only being out for themselves. ‘Anyway, The Voice is on tonight,’ I said, smiling. ‘Want a two-person party?’ I asked and laughed. I walked over to the kettle to put it on so I could make a cup of tea - I know, I’m just your average British girl. 

‘Sure thing,’ Lexi said. ‘Pizza?’ she asked.

‘Pizza,’ I replied. Pizza was the perfect food for anything. I poured myself a cup of tea. ‘Do you want one?’ I asked Lexi. 

She shook her head. ‘I’ve had three so far this morning,’ She said and laughed. I liked Lexi for that - being able to chain-drink tea. In that way, we were similar.

I sat down at the dining table opposite Lexi. It seemed so empty without the other two. I’m not saying that I’m sad that Hannah left though - I was relieved to have finally gotten her off my back. But it was a shame that Jess went.

After a while, I went to have a hot shower and to get dressed. I remembered that I had to FaceTime Ricky, and I couldn’t do that looking this much of a mess - I still had yesterday’s makeup on, I couldn’t be bothered to take it off when I got in last night, I just went straight to bed.   

I went into my room and dug my iPad out of my case. I hoped the wifi here would be strong enough to FaceTime Ricky. I didn’t understand why he wanted me to FaceTime him though when he was staying in the same block of flats as me. It could be because he was worried too about people thinking things. Rumours spread when it was the previous series of The Voice, when people thought that Ricky was flirting with Rita. Yeah, they did seem cute together, but Rita had a boyfriend, and Ricky had just split up with his girlfriend. 

I called Ricky, and he picked up quickly. 

‘Hey, Hazel,’ He said, smiling. He looked tired. 

‘Hey,’ I replied. I looked in the background. It didn’t look like anything around here - the view from the window behind him was over onto something looking like a field. And here was in the middle of Manchester. ‘Where are you?’ I asked.

‘Ah,’ Ricky said. ‘I drove back to Leeds last night to do some rehearsals,’ He said, and I heard people talking in the background. 

‘Wait, so you’re with the band?’ I asked. I couldn’t believe it. I still couldn’t really believe that this person I was talking to was Ricky Wilson.

‘Is that the famous Hazel?’ Someone shouted from behind. It sounded a bit like Simon.

‘Shut up,’ Ricky replied, laughing.

‘Was that Simon?’ I asked, curious. 

A man walked behind Ricky - it was Simon. ‘Woah…’ Simon said. 

‘What?’ I asked, laughing.

‘Nothing,’ Simon said raising his eyebrows. He looked to Ricky. ‘She is really pretty.’ He said. 

‘I can hear you Simon,’ I said. I was talking and joking with Simon as if I had always known him. Now this was weird. And he said I was pretty? The way he said it made it seem like he already knew something. Simon looked at me and winked, then walked off again. 

‘Sorry,’ Ricky said, flicking a look over to where Simon must have gone. ‘Anyway, we need to talk music,’ 

‘Yeah, we do,’ I said, pulling myself away from my thoughts. ‘I had a few ideas,’ I said.

‘Okay, what were you thinking?’ Ricky asked. 

‘Well,’ I said. I wasn’t sure what he would think about the main song that I was thinking of - I didn’t even know if he knew it. I wasn’t into really popular music. I never had been. ‘Stuttering, by Ben’s Brother,’ I said, shrugging. He probably either thought I was mad, or he wouldn’t know it. No one I knew had ever heard of Ben’s Brother.

‘Wait,’ Ricky said. ‘Is that Kiss Me Again?’.

I nodded - that was the alternative title for it. I was surprised that Ricky knew it - he had a really good taste in music.

‘Sure,’ Ricky said. ‘That sounds great. It would really suit your voice.’ He said, all in a rush. He looked back over to the band. ‘Shut up, will you?’ He said, and then looked back at me. I hadn’t heard them say anything. ‘So, how’s it there without Hannah?’ he asked.

‘It’s great,’ I said. ‘No arguing, no one almost permanently in the bathroom. And party tonight,’ I said. ‘It’s great,’ I laughed. 

Ricky was smiling, his blue eyes looking even more blue. ‘A party without me?’ Ricky said, trying to sound hurt and failing. 

‘I’m sorry, You could’ve come if you hadn’t have been skiving.’ I laughed. 

Ricky ended the call shortly after, and I got to practicing Stuttering. I couldn’t believe that I would be singing it in the knockouts.