Chapter Twenty Seven: Farewell

"Mariam, where are you going? We just got home," Nancy crawled up on Mariam who was trying to quietly leave the house.

"I, I need some fresh air mom. I'll be right outside, don't worry," Mariam smiled.

"Please be careful sweetie," Nancy grabbed Mariam's coat off of the coat rack and handed it to her.

"Love you mom," Mariam said to her mother as if it was the last time she was going to see her.

"Oh darling, I love you more," she gave Mariam a hug as her face was placed against Nancy's stomach.

Mariam then helped herself out of the house as Nancy watched over her.

"Mom, I'm fine, you can go now," Mariam tried to get her mom to leave her sight.

"Okay, I'm going," Nancy walked inside and shut the front door.

Mariam quickly steered her wheelchair a few houses down as a taxi cab awaited her.

"Can you help me in sir?" Mariam asked the tan male driver politely.

"Yes madam, of course," the man got out of the car to help Mariam's paralyzed self.

As she got into the cab, she received a text message.

"Tic tock, tic tock," she read to herself.

"You're dead this time Jamal," she read aloud.

"I'm sorry what was that madam?" The driver asked.

"Nothing, heres the address," she gave him a small note as he maintained driving.

"Step on it."

+ +

"How long do you think its going to take to find these guys?" Rickey asked Sheryl.

"Days, weeks, months, you can never be too sure with these type of people," she sighed.

"HEY OVER HERE!" A member of the northern search squad hollered from a distance.

"WHAT IS IT?" Sheryl shouted back.

"SMOKE! BLACK SMOKE! HURRY THIS WAY!"

"Oh my god, Zachary," Sheryl sprinted towards the northern search squad.

"YOU HEARD HIM, LETS GO, LETS GO, LETS GO!" Sheryl yelled at her search squad.

All search squads from the south, north, east and west sprinted towards the black smoke that only seemed to grow bigger and bigger.

"SOMEONE RUN BACK AND FIND SIGNAL! WE NEED TO CALL IN AN AMBULANCE AND THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!" Sheryl shouted as she continued running.

As they all finally arrived to the scene, they bare witnessed a small old cabin being burned to pieces.

"Oh my god," Sheryl gasped as her hand hovered over her mouth in shock.

"Ricky, tell my kids I love them," Sheryl dropped her gear and ran towards the front door of the cabin.

"SHERYL NO!" Rickey screamed.

"Shit Sheryl why do you always have to be the hero?" He asked himself as he too dropped his gear and followed Sheryl.

"SHERYL!" Rickey screamed.

"I DON'T SEE ANYONE!" Sheryl yelled.

"LETS GET OUT OF HERE! ITS TOO DANGEROUS,"

"NO, NOT UNTIL I FIND WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR!" Sheryl insisted.

"WE NEED TO GO!" Rickey demanded.