Chapter Twenty Six: A Bright Darkness

"Sit here and be a good little boy," Jamal rubbed Zach's head as he kicked his knee, forcing him to sit down.

"I can't do this anymore, I won't make it," Marcel coughed.

"Oh boohoo, the marine is weak, how cute," Jamal laughed as his uncle joined him.

"What's your plan now? The police are going to find us," Zachary said as he placed his arm over his wound.

"I'll surprise you," Jamal winked.

Usman pulled Jamal to the side and began questioning his intentions, "Listen, if you want me to help you, you're going to have to fill me in."

"Let's just say we're going to have a bbq tonight." Jamal laughed hysterically.

+ +

"Excuse me, sorry, Mariam won't be able to leave the hospital just yet," a nurse interpreted.

"What? Why is that? We were all set to leave, I just finished all of the paperwork," Nancy reacted.

"I'm sorry, but something came up with Mariam's blood tests, once we make sure of it, we will notify you right away," the nurse walked out.

"Ya Allah, (oh god) please help us in this time of need," Nancy held her palms out.

"Please don't give this poor girl anymore pain, she has gone through enough. Please, give us your mercy," she slowly brushed her palms against her face as she let out a sigh of frustration.

"Mom, whats going on?" Mariam awoke from her daily nap.

"Nothing honey, everything is going great," a tear flew down her cheek as she forced a smile.

+ +

"So what now dad?" Khalil's son, Joud, asked his father that was sitting on a huge leather chair behind a desk in his home office.

"Now we wait for the police to find Jamal and we'll take care of it from there," Khalil answered back with a mean facial expression.

"What are we going to do with him?" Joud wondered.

"We're going to reunite him with his father," Khalil grinned.

+ +

"We have finally arrived, home sweet home," Jamal held his arms out as they all arrived back to the cabin.

"How wonderful," Zach said sarcastically as he fell to the floor with agony from his wounded leg.

"Zach, Zach," Marcel called in a soft voice as he collapsed into the ice cold snow.

"MARCEL!" Zach shouted as he tried to crawl towards him.

"Oh no you don't," Jamal interfered, pulling the back of Zach's jacket, causing him to forcefully sit farther away from Marcel.

"You know, if you die, this whole plan will work for sure," Jamal patted Marcel's cheek.

"Please, just let him go. I beg of you," Zach pleaded.

"But that would ruin everything, wouldn't it?" Jamal sneered.

"Come on, lets get inside and start a fire, its freezing," Usman directed.

"I'll carry Zach, you handle him," Jamal pointed at Marcel.

"Oh I'm going to make you wish you never entered my sister's life," Jamal laughed as he began dragging Zach into the cabin.

"Trust me, you could torture me in the worst ways possible, but I would never give up my love for Mariam," he grinned as he spit blood on Jamals shoe.