Chapter Twelve: A converters surprise

(Third person pov)

     "It was all a dream, it was all a dream." Zach sighed.

"What dream?" Mariam asked.

"Nothing. I'm just glad that your face is the first face I saw when I opened my eyes." Zach said in a very romantic way.

"Awh babe, I love you so much. I cannot live without you." She said back to him.

"I love you too." He smiled.

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

It was the county sheriff, coming to speak with Zach about the incident.

"Okay, I have to go anyway. I will go home and get cleaned up, then I'll be back." She explained as she headed for the door.

After asking several questions, Zach explained everything that happend was an accident.

"But we had a talk with your parents, and they don't think it was an accident. So, do you mind telling me the truth, and stop trying to save your girlfriend's father!" the sherriff exclaimed.

"I swear, I'm telling the truth. Ahmed tripped on me, nothing else happend."

The Sherriff didn't seem to believe a word Zach said, "Okay, we're done here." the Sherriff walked away.

Zach siged in anger.

"So, did you tell the Sherriff specifically what happend?" John walked in.

"Yes." Zach answered.

"Great son, that man will.."

Zach interrupted his father's sentence, "NO, DAD! NOT GREAT! Why did you lie dad?" Zach shouted.

"Son, calm down. You're in a Hostpital, and what have I lied about?" his father asked.

Zach eased his tone, "You told the Police that Mariam's father purposely stabbed me? Dad you know damn right he didn't. I'm not trying to lie for the sake of Mariam, its the truth dad."

"Son, I told the story as it is, and I'm not going to change my words. You are not to speak to Mariam anymore, and thats final." he shouted as he exited the room.

Zach felt frustrated and furious.

He tried to pull himself up off of the bed but hesitated and breathed heavily, not being able to pull up at least half of his body.

+ +

{Two months later}
(Zachary's pov)

I kept thinking of ways I could make Mariam's family accept me and believe I'm serious about our relationship. The idea then came to me as if a light bulb was over my head.

I thought changing my religion was the best idea.

I decided to convert to Islam.

"If this doesn't change Ahmed's mind, I don't know what will," I said to myself.

After days of studying Islam, I went to visit a Mousque.

The Imam (Prayer Leader) greeted me like he would greet any Christian coming to a Mousque, because he knew from his previous history, that I wanted to convert to Islam.

I then prayed the friday prayer with the rest of the Muslims in the Mousque.

The Imam then explained to me, "When becoming a Muslim, all your previous sins will vanish as if they never occurred." I then thought to myself, "I hope Ahmed forgets too."