Chapter Five: Untold Feelings

"Mom, I was being tutored thats all. I was studying for a class that has been very difficult for me," I lied.

"I don't believe you, prove it," she demanded.

I didn't know how I would prove that I was being tutored.

I quickly thought of the craziest idea, I picked up my phone and sent a text message to Zach saying, "Play along."

I then dialed his number and put him on speakerphone so that my mom could hear him.

"Hello?" Zach answered.

"Hi, Mr. Drinnon, I just wanted to let you know that our private tutoring session went very well today, I think I'll be able to pass my biology test," I said nervously as I had literally just made everything up on the spot.

My mom raised her left eyebrow as Zach replied, "Thats great, I'm glad to know that tutoring is working for you, I wish you the best of luck on your test Mariam," he slightly deepened his voice.

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow, bye," I hung up.

"If you're being tutored, why lie about it?" My mother interrogated.

"Well, he is a man and I thought you and dad may have a problem with that. Keeping it a secret seemed to make it easier, but I'm sorry, it won't happen again,"

"Ok, whatever. Go to sleep, good night." She said as she walked upstairs.

"Phew," I softly said to myself.

I grabbed my bag and rushed to my room to get some rest.

As I got in bed, I grabbed my iPhone and sent a text to Zach, "Thank you so much for covering for me, I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't for you, I totally owe you,"

"No problem, see you tomorrow babe. Sweet dreams," He replied.

"Oh my god, he called me babe," I said to myself as I started kicking my blanket.

Although I needed to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking of my first date. I can't wait to go on another one.

I began visualizing my second date as I fell asleep.

+ +

I woke up with an enormous smile drawn across my face.

I got myself dressed for school and took slow steps down the stairs.

I skipped my way towards the kitchen, "Morning mom, morning Manal."

I greeted them as I picked up a green apple from the fruit basket on the dining table.

"Why are you in such a good mood today?" My mother questioned.

"Do I have to have a reason to smile?" I grinned.

"I guess not," She replied.

I skipped to the door and put my black boots on, "Bye mom, see you later."

"Bye honey, take care." She waved.

I was walking to class as I felt someone walking closely behind me.

As I turned around, I wasn't surprised at all. "So, is your hobby following girls around on campus?"

It was Zach, "No, just you,"

"Is there a reason why I am chosen among many?"

"Well, for starters, I'm totally in love with your green eyes and your beautiful laugh," He flirted.

I was shy, I looked at him and smiled.

"Well, your bright blue eyes aren't that bad either,"

My friends noticed me walking in class with Zach.