Chapter 6 : Marco vs Hekapoo

Marco got home and showered off, ready just in time to have dinner with the family.

As Marco and Seraph sat down for dinner with the rest of the family. They talked about their training session. Ultimately they also talked about Hekapoo's challenge.

Star's reaction was, "Whaaa?! You're gonna fight Hekapoo?"

"Not fight. Spar," Marco corrected. "It's not like we're going to try and hurt each other."

"She's Hekapoo! She'll clobber you, she's super strong and fast!"

"I know." Marco pointed out, "It was one of the main reasons it took me 16 years to catch up to her."

"Are you sure about this?" Star asked him again. "I mean, you could get hurt really easily."

Marco continued to reassure her, "Don't worry, Star. Me and Hekapoo have done this sort of thing before. I trust her to not intentionally hurt me."

Star mumbled into her food, "I'm worried about her unintentionally hurting you."

Star didn't think Hekapoo would try to hurt Marco but people get hurt without trying. Marco broke his arm practicing karate, she turned his arm into a monster, and one time turned his head into a pair flaming butterfly wings… the point was Marco had gotten hurt unintentionally a lot.

Hekapoo was a tough customer and if that happened there he could be seriously hurt.

But it was clear that Marco had his mindset, and he wouldn't get talked out of it. Marco's parents were okay with it, they believed Marco knew what he was talking about and since Sensei would be watching over the fight they thought it should be okay.

0000

After dinner, Marco was fiddling around in his room. He dug through his closet pulling out a small wooden chest. It was a sort of memory chest, something to keep precious things.

He opened it up, it contained random items he'd picked up over his life, little things he never found a proper place for and he just couldn't see himself getting rid off. Among the items there, were a skull mask, a few old letters from some exchanges students, old cards, photos but what stood out for Marco was what was right on top.

He pulled out a black jacket and torn red hoodie. Both had been ripped up a bit, the red hoodie was more than a little bit torn.

"Dad?" Seraph poked her head into Marco's room noticed Marco on the floor with the box.

"Hey Seraph," He smiled wistfully at the clothes.

"Are those the clothes you wore in mom's dimension?"

"Yeah," Marco told her as she sat down beside him. "I don't have much in the way of keepsakes from that time there except this, the scissors, and..." He paused and looked at his daughter, "You of course."

"Obviously I'm the best one."

"Yes, you are."

Marco rifled through the items he had there. Honestly, he had a whole lot of keepsakes but he had kept them in a bag on Nachos. That bag was gone when Nachos arrived on Earth he had to figure that at some point Hekapoo removed the bag. The items in the bag were probably gone or lost.