Chapter 8 : Marco Diaz vs The Multiverse

After the fight, they returned to the room to rest. Marco's room was dark and quiet, he felt tired and tried to take a nap. Though he found it a little hard to rest with all the injuries he took so he got some help.

"You're an idiot," Hekapoo told him.

They both sat on the floor.

Hekapoo sat behind Marco who was now just in a pair of shorts.

Hekapoo's hands were coated in her blue flames slowly roaming over his body. "I'm not a healer, you should really go to the sisters to get healed up. All this does is help your muscles, from bruising and help with some of the smaller wounds."

"I don't have any broken bones or anything. This isn't serious."

"That's not the point, why do you have to be so pig-headed? You can just get healed."

"I don't want to be healed, I want to test how far I can go on my own. If I get healed it would be like cheating myself, I just want to see how far I can go with this body. I'll turn in the towel before I let myself get too hurt, I promise but I just want to see how far I can go. This is just like having a really good heating pad."

Hekapoo sighed letting her flames die out, "Fine," she relented and then spun Marco to look her straight in the eye. She took a moment as she re-lit her hands and focused on the front half of his body, "Promise me that you won't let yourself get seriously hurt, " her eyes dug deeply into his, "I don't want to see that, I don't want to see our daughter's expression seeing her dad beaten to pulp."

Marco smiled, "You don't have to worry, H-poo."

"Don't call me that!"

"I'm not going to do anything too dangerous."

"Pfft, like it's much of a choice," Hekapoo let out, "one of the fighters is a Vampire Lady, a vampire from the Lands of Shadow and Lights, you couldn't beat one without my help."

"Yeah…"Marco scratched his cheek, "I remember that wedding."

Hekapoo flinched as she remembered it too. "Right, the Sacred Moon Wedding that those vampires planned."

"I remembered the dance we had too."

Hekapoo's flame flickered in the dark, "Right, yeah, I'm still not sure the music wasn't magical and made everyone dance in time with it."

"I remember holding you as we danced, you were light on your feet."

"You're one to talk, " Hekapoo smirked, "you enjoyed that dance."

"Why wouldn't I have enjoyed it? You looked beautiful and I never really had a lot of chances to dance with a beautiful woman."

"Well, I have to admit it was a fun night. I don't remember the last time I had a chance to dance like that." Hekapoo paused, "I've done as much as I could. You need to rest and get something to eat."

She studied his chest, noting the bruises vanishing, he'd gotten soft when he became a teenager again but it was changing. He'd build up some muscle and his chest had gotten more tone.