Chapter 22 : Princess Seraph

"I liked your hair the other way." Heinous told Marco, "It was cuter."

Marco stared daggers at the woman. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't just sit back and do nothing when you are named Princess Of the Year," Heinous scowled, "You?! The Princess of the Year?! You are the farthest thing from a proper princess."

"Why are you even here?" Marco asked, "This whole thing is not supposed to be revealed until the next issue."

"For the love-" Madam Dramaturge held back a curse, "Steve! I've told him not to reveal anything! I will have another talk with our social media manager."

"What are you here for?" Marco kept his focus on the woman backed with the metal guards. "And I thought you were broke, where did you get the new guards?"

Gemini coughed to clear his throat, "Oh, these are our old guards. We were digging through the dumpsters. They had barely gotten around to tossing them out. All we had to do is repair them."

"Yeah, Pony Head… is gonna be an interesting queen."

"That brings us to our purpose," Miss Heinous spoke up, "I've come for your daughter. Imagine what people will say if I can turn your born out of wedlock wild child into a proper princess. I'll have parents bringing me their children in droves."

Marco didn't hear the end of that sentence, his world went red as his blood started to boil at the very idea of this woman taking his daughter away from him. Marco rushed at the woman, but was stopped by one of the robotic guards punching him in the gut.

Marco was flung back only to be caught by Seraph.

"Yes, how can you be a proper parent with behavior like that?" Heinous chuckled petting the severed arm.

"Are you okay?" Seraph whispered to him.

Marco nodded as he forced his breath to get regulated; he couldn't lose his head again. He pulled himself to his feet and stood before his daughter, his scissors finding their way to his hand with a burst of flame turning into a sword.

Gemini shivered at the glare Marco was giving him. It was the look of a warrior that would not allow themself to be stopped.

Marco voice was low and serious, "I'm going to give you one warning, leave now or I won't be held responsible if you try to even touch my daughter." His grip tighten on the sword's handle.

The room grew quiet, even the robots seemed nervous.

"Gemini, go get her and make sure to silence those reporters." She motioned to the staff that had gotten stuck in a corner away from the door.

"Ma'am?" Gemini questioned.

"They're reporters, they will talk and her mother is Hekapoo. We can't have her find out about this too soon, if she comes after us we will need a healthy head start."

Marco stood between them, "Seraph, go with them and make sure they get out."

Marco didn't wait for a reply as the robots walked forwards and with two swings of his sword he slashed through them.