Chapter 12 : First

Chapter 12 : First

Hekapoo was visiting Seraph, as busy as she was she tried to find time for her daughter. It would have been easier if they could spend time in her dimension, time moved faster there they could as much time as they wanted.

Hekapoo could spend days with her before having to go back to her work and Seraph had to go to school.

Still, with how things were Hekapoo was unwilling to risk Seraph's life just to spend a few moments with her.

This would do.

Hekapoo and Seraph sat at the dinner table, Seraph working on her school work while Hekapoo combed her hair. It was a small thing, but something that Hekapoo had enjoyed doing. Her daughter had a lot of hair that tended to bunch up. Hekapoo fondly remembered having to clean out twigs that had gotten caught in the girl's hair when she ran off to play. Seraph could do it on her now but being able to take care of her daughter even a small way made her feel better.

The pair talked as they both worked. The house was pretty quiet. Marco had left to go to the Quest Buy, apparently, a joy sucking magician had stolen his wallet and Marco had gone to complain that it should not be possible for anyone but him to open it much less steal it. Hekapoo wished him luck, customer service at Quest Buy was a nightmare.

Star had gone off to hang out with her friends.

Seraph's grandfather had gone out to get supplies for his next big art project.

Angie was making herself busy in the kitchen preparing dinner.

Hekapoo was a bit uneasy about being close to Angie without Marco. Angie wasn't rude or anything but Hekapoo always felt this distance between them. It felt a little strange for Hekapoo since Angie looked so much like her own daughter, Hekapoo naturally felt she wanted to close that gap between them. The idea of someone looking like her daughter being distant felt wrong. Though she didn't know how to go about it, still Angie was a good grandmother so Hekapoo tried not to focus on it.

Seraph looked up from one of her books, "Hey mom, can I ask you something?"

"Sure thing," Hekapoo smiled at her.

Seraph had been curious about things and thought this was the best opportunity to ask. "I wanted to ask you about dating?"

"Dating?" Hekapoo raised an eyebrow. Hekapoo chuckled at this. "Oh, did someone ask you out?"

Hekapoo was delighted her daughter would come to her to ask her about this subject. In all fairness to Marco, he wasn't an expert on dating, Hekapoo's own experience was somewhat limited but she was her mom she should at least talk to her mom about it.

On the other hand, Hekapoo should not be surprised something like this, her daughter was beautiful most of the school should be at war with each other just to have a chance to talk to her.

"Actually no," Seraph answered her. "I overheard some people talking at school about dating and I had some questions."

Hekapoo mused, "Okay, well, I'm your mom if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer."

Seraph gave her a nod, "What were your dates with dad like?"

"Ah-" Hekapoo actually flinched. "Ah, yeah-about that- We- we-"