Chapter 33: Home.

Bri's PoV:
--------------------------
It seemed like time had skipped.

One minute the Castle was almost completely clean, not counting the chairs and a few pieces of furniture thrown about.

The next, rubble and stone laid at my feet. It seemed the once grand place had been turned upside down then placed in the middle of a tornado.

I look to my left and see a man dressed in dark clothing laying on the floor, his unfocused eyes staring up, seeming like he was looking straight through the ceiling.
How did Ganondorf die...?

I look away from the bloody sight and turn to my right.
On the floor, laid a boy in green.
No...

The recent events run through my mind, Link dying, myself being stabbed by a syringe, Zelda chained to a wall, breaking through a barrier. The rest, though, is fuzzy. Like when you wake up from a dream and know you had one, yet can't place your finger on what it was about.

He said he loved me...And I didn't really have any time to tell him I love him too. I did, but, did he hear me?

Did my cries fall onto deaf ears?

I slowly walk up to him, the sun that filtered through the windows shining on his peaceful, serene face, him oblivious to his surroundings. The Imp sitting by his side. The Princess weeping silently over his body. Then there was me, the girl covered in cuts and bruises with tears streaking down her face, walking towards the still corpse.

When I get next to him, I slowly sit on my knees, then grab his cold, smooth hand. I place it over my chest.

"Do you feel my heart beating? I'll live for you... I'll remember you until the day I die, and I'll wait for you..."

I close my eyes, trying to prevent the looming threat of fresh tears, even though they were already surfacing.
Then I lean down and rest my head on his chest.
"I wish I could just hear your voice one more time..." I sniffle a sob.

An arm starts to rub my back in a comforting motion.
"Now's not the time, Zelda. But thank you..." I whisper in a weak, feeble voice.
I felt like breaking. Everything I cared for was now gone.

"I told you I would protect you." A cheery voice says.

"L-Link?" I look up from where I laid.
There, sitting next to me with lively eyes wide open was Link.

I dive into his strong arms, sobbing loudly as he rubs soothing circles on my back.
"Promise me you'll never do that again."

"I promise." He replies.

"I thought I lost you..."

"Brianna." He states.
"You know I would never leave you. Even if I did die for good, I'd always be there in spirit. Even though I'd be dead, I'd find a way to protect you."

I snuggle deeper into his arms and smile slightly.
"Thank you."

"Now, I think it's time for you to go back home." He says.

I smile up at him and wipe my tears.
"Alright."

We both get up and interlock our fingers.

"Brianna, Link."

I look over to see a beautiful women in dark clothing and a hood stands next to Zelda, looking at Link with happy, yet sorrowful eyes.
"I guess we all got a happy ending." She says.

"Midna..." I start.
"You're gorgeous."

Link and I, with hands clasping each other, run to Midna and give her a hug.
"Thank you Bri. I am glad to be returning to the Twilight Realm and be the Queen of my people once more." Link and I pull back from our embrace with Midna.
"I'm positive you'll be great."