Chapter 10: Journey and a Shaman.

Link's PoV:

-----------------

As I neared my way towards Mayor Bo's house I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. She has to make it back to her home, her family and friends. I don't want her to end up like my family. Gone forever... lost in time, forgotten.

I finally made it to the village, huffing and puffing. But I never felt so alert and awake. Even when I woke up as a wolf for the first time in the Twilight Realm. I remember running around on all fours, trying to escape from my prison and shackles. That was when I met a small, adorable and feisty imp. Midna. She helped me defeat the Twilight and soon had to return to her home.

My thoughts are interrupted as I realize I'm standing at the Mayor's house with a wolf- Bri- in my arms. I knocked as loud as I could with my lack of a free hand. Ilia answers the door.

"Hey Link." Her eyes avert down to Bri in my arms, unaware that Bri even was the wolf.

"Who is that??" She asks. "Bring her inside so I can see what's wrong."

Ilia opens the door wide and runs to the kitchen table. Taking the candles and flowers off.

"Bring her here." Ilia motions me inside and I run to the table and set Bri down.

"What's her name?"

"It's, uh, well. I don't know. I just found her laying on the ground, unconscious."

I mentally slapped myself for being so obvious, but Ilia seemed to take my answer as valid.

"Well, I'll name her then. It'll be, Rivera." Ilia prods around, looking at Bri or 'Rivera'. Her eyes widen as she sees the blood soaked cloth on Bri's wound.

"This is out of my knowledge, Link. You'll have to take her to Kakariko Village." She says. "There's a Shaman there of the name Renado."

I nod my head in response to Ilia's suggestion.

"I'll go get Epona and a cart for you Link."

"Thanks."

Ilia walks out and disappears from view as I pace back and forth quickly. My mind racing with negative thoughts.

A few minutes later Ilia returns with her items she promised and I hitch Epona to the cart. I pat her on the head for being good and head back into the house to retrieve Bri. I look down at the white wolf, her breath shallow and shaky, almost like it's deciding whether or not to keep working.

I pick her up and set her in the back of the cart. Then I sit in the front and grab the reins. Ilia waves to me and I wave back as I head to Kakariko Village.

The journey was long and harsh. I had to dodge rocks and enemies that were in my way. Epona raced along at top speed while I lead her on the right path.

We don't have much more time. I think as I just barely dodge another rock.

A few minutes later I reach Kakariko Village and stop right in front of Renado's house. Causing a commotion in the quiet town. I hurriedly grab Bri from the back and open the doors to the hut with Bri.

"You need to help her." I say as Renado and his daughter look my way, dumbfounded by my sudden presence. But Renado recovers by rushing to me.

"What happened?"

"I found her near Ordon springs, unconscious." I had gotten accustomed to this story, as I have used it a couple times now.

Renado grabs her from my arms and takes her to an operation table.

"I'll let you know when I'm done, feel free to sit down in the living room." Renado tells me as he pulls a privacy curtain, separating Bri and I.

The next couple of hours pass by slowly, with anticipation, worry, and sorrow. I hear rustling of the medical tools being used and set down. Finally, Renado reappears from behind the curtain.

"She made it. But, there was Twilight shards in the wound. That's not so good. Also, did you know she's a human?" He asks me as I stand there, bewildered.

"Um, yeah. I do know her. I just didn't want anyone freaking out about it."

"Well, I set a white dress by her table, so when she wakes up she'll have some clothes to put on."

"Thanks, Renado."

"No problem, Link."

I sigh in relief knowing that Bri is okay and she'll be awake soon.