Chapter 6: Dinner.

Link and I climb down the ladder and start to walk to the mayor's house. Of course with clumsy me slipping on a ring of the ladder and making a fool of myself.

Once we got to the mayor's house, a girl with bright green eyes comes to open the door.

"Hey Link! Who's this?" She questions as she looks me over.

"Oh, she's Bri. She's, uh, New here."

"Wow, first new person to come here willingly in a long time!" She smiles warmly.

"Bri, this is Ilia. Ilia this is Bri. Ilia is the mayor's daughter." Link's eyes light up.

"Hi." I return her kind smile with my own.

"Come on in guys, dinner is almost ready!" She opens the door as wide as it can go and motions us in.

I look around, still surprised about how detailed the house actually is. The dinner table is set up with 4 plates, a candle in the middle and flowers on the ends of the table. Then Ilia's father comes in with a towel, wiping his hands off.

"Sit down! Sit down! Dinner is nearly done."

We obey and sit at the table. Ilia sits next to Link and I feel a twinge of jealousy. But I just shrug it off and smile to her. Then take a seat across from Link, looking at the beautifully detailed china.

In the background of my thoughts I hear Link and Ilia talking. Probably catching up with each other's lives.

I take my pointer finger and rub it along side the surface of the plate. Feeling where the paint begins and ends. It's like everything, all things have it's time. A beginning and an end.

My thoughts are interrupted by food being served on my plate.

"There you go."

"Thanks." I look up to give Ilia's father a tight-lipped smile.

When I look down at my plate of steaming hot food, my stomach grumbles and I dig into the moderately cooked chicken, mashed potatoes and what I'm guessing and hoping is green beans.

As I stuff the food into my mouth, Link gives me a funny expression. I smile with my food still lodged in my mouth. Like a chipmunk with it's meal in it's cheeks.

After we all finished dinner, I thanked Ilia and her father for the meal and Link did the same. Soon we were on our way back to the house.

When I got there, I stayed outside on the place above the ladder and sat on the edge, swinging my legs forward and back. Not long after, Link joins me and we both look out at the green and brown of the trees.

"So, how do you like it here?" Link asks me a couple of minutes after we had sat there in a comfortable silence.

"It's quite peaceful here. But I still miss my home and family."

"I bet so, leaving your family like that."

"Can I ask you something, Link?"

"Go ahead."

"What happened to your family?"

This question had bothered me ever since I had first started the game. I even had read theories about what happened to the parents in each game. But it's nothing like asking the Hero himself.

Link takes in a sharp intake of breath then speaks.

"They died in a war."

"I'm so sorry for your loss." I didn't want to be disrespectful so I keep my mouth shut from other questions.

"It's fine, I'm not looking for pity. I've made it this long without them, and I plan to make it for many more years without them. Nevertheless, I still miss them loads."

Link's face softens, almost, sorrowful.

"Well let's go and get inside. I got you some night clothes to change into." He pulls out a white nightgown with long sleeves and hands it to me.

"Come on, let's go. " He stands up and offers me his hand. I accept the offer and he pulls me onto my toes quickly. Causing me to stumble a bit after the landing.

Then we walk inside and get ready for bed.