Chapter 22: Soaked.

Two days had passed since we set out for Lake Hylia. Those 48 hours consisted of joking around, listening to music, and for myself, nervousness. I didn't really want to show that weakness to Link and Midna, there's nothing to worry about anyways, right? I'll just run in, or, per say, swim in and grab the orb and get out. Problem solved.

"You alright Bri?" A voice draws me out of my thoughts and I look towards the sound.

"Yeah?"

"You alright? I mean,  you seem sorta, nervous."

"I'm fine. There's no reason to worry, it's just a simple swim-and-get."

"Yeah, there might be just a few enemies in your way, but it's simple."

"Thanks for the reassurance." I say sarcastically.

"Glad to help." He grins playfully at me and looks forward.

"I guess we're here. Hey, Midna!"

"What guys? I was just sle-" She pauses mid-sentence and looks at the Lake in all it's glory.

"Finally! We're here! My legs were getting cramped and it was quite stuffy in your shadow."

I laugh quietly at Midna's complaint.

We make it to the lake and I look around at Link and Midna.

"Wish me luck!"

"Before you go Bri...I-I wanna give you something."

I bring my gaze over to Link.

He searches around in his pouch and pulls out a small wooden box.

Link walks toward me and opens it up.

Inside was a small dark colored wooden ring with intricate designs.

"Link..."

"With this ring, please promise me you'll come back safe, and you'll eventually make it back to your world and continue your life there with no regrets."

"How did you get this?"

"I carved it myself, for you."

He takes the ring from the small cushion and places it on my right hand's ring finger, a perfect fit.

"Thank you, Link. I appreciate it." In my mind, I was wondering how he got the time between when we first began the journey to now. It could've been when I fell asleep and he took watch, quite a few times.

"Now, you better hurry. Its noon time and I'm sure it'll be a while."

He puts the box away and looks back to me.

"Goodluck." Ivy jumps out of my arms and hops over to Link's leg.

I smile slightly and turn around. I take off my all my clothes until my girl boxer's and my sports bra were the only things remaining, I then put my sword and sheath back on.

Behind me, I hear a movement and I turn around to see Link covering his eyes.

"I'm not taking off all my clothes." I say while blushing slightly.

"Oh..." He removes his hands and tries to avoid my gaze.

"Bye now."

I dip my toe in the cool water to test it. I step back and dive in before I can register it any further.

Bubbles engulf my body as I push myself further down into the dark depths of the water. I begin to get low on oxygen and I find an air bubble. I continue to go deeper and I find a door.