Chapter 21: Heal.

The night dragged on. I couldn't stop checking on Link, I was worried. His hand still held onto mine, as if it was his lifeline. His face was pale and his lips were dry.

Morning had come and gone and yet he still wasn't awake. By the afternoon, I was still sitting by his side, I hadn't eaten nor slept.

"Bri, come on, you need to eat." Midna tugged on my shirt.

"No, not until I'm sure Link is alright."

"He's fine. Link is a strong guy, there's no way he could die from a Bokoblin. Its merely impossible!" Midna cries out.

I shake my head. "I refuse to leave his side."

A sudden movement alerts me and look back to Link. His eyes opened, that familiar fire in them.

"Link..." My breathing hitches. "I-I was scared..."

"Shh..." He puts a hand on my cheek and looks at me. "I promised you I wouldn't leave you..."

I give him a small smile.

"Are you hungry?"

"Starving."

"I'll go hunt for some deer, you stay there."

"Thank you, Bri. And be careful."

"No problem." I wave to everyone as I make my way to the forest and quietly pull out my sword.

A movement to my right catches my eye. I look around and spot a small deer, it eats it's meal. Unaware of my presence, and that was a deadly mistake. Quietly but quickly, I get closer to the deer. I hide in the vegetation until I was ready to attack. I launch forward, surprising the deer. My sword plants itself in the deer's abdomen, and it gives out a heart-shattering yelp. I squeeze my eyes together and pull out my sword.

"There..." I lift up the deer and put it over my shoulders and make my way back to the camp.

"Hey guys!" I say as I jog up the hill.

Link still lays in his makeshift bed.

"Hey Bri." Midna says.

"Link fell back asleep. But don't worry, as soon as he smells the meat, he'll be up."

Now came the fun part. (Hint the sarcasm.) Gutting and skinning! Woo hoo....

I take out my sword and skin the poor deer. Though I wasn't really talented at the task. I slit open the deers belly and pull out his organs and, ugh, guts. After that was done, I set the deer over the fire, and gladly, the wind was blowing towards Link.

I hear a shuffle and look back over my shoulder. A tired Link sits up and smiles slightly.

"Morning sleepyhead."

"Mornin'."

"Have a good sleep?"

"Yeah. You?"

"I didn't sleep."

"What?!"

"You heard me."

"Why not?!"

"I couldn't sleep with you hurt like that. Plus, you kinda had a really tight grip on my hand."

"Oh..." "Uhmmm, Bri...?"

"Yeah?"

"Where did my clothes go?" I blush at his sentence.

"I had to take them off... but I left your boxers on!"

"Where did you set them?"

"Next to you."

I roll over the deer.

"Thanks." I hear rustling and a slight grunt.

"You up for traveling?"

I look back to him.

"With you in this condition?" "Uhm, I'd rather not!"

"Look, I'm fine. I don't want my injuries holding us back."

"If your okay with it..."

The deet finally finishes cooking and I hand some food to Link.

"Wow. This is good!"

"Thanks." I dish out a portion for Midna and myself.

"There you go Midna."

"Thank you."

"Mmhmm."

Surprisingly, my meal is quite good. I thought I'd be horrible at my cooking job. We finish and I pack up everything.

"Okay, let's go."

We begin to make our way to Lake Hylia. About 20 minutes into the trip I notice Link limping and stumbling a bit.

"Link, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He grunts.

"Is it your leg?"

"Bri, I'm perfectly fine."

"No, your limping. Let me see your leg."

"No no, I'm okay."

"Link..." I stop walking.

"Come on. Don't stop."

"Not until you show me your leg." I cross my arms.

"Bri, please don't make me..."

"Link, now."

He sighs and limps over to me. He takes off his boot and rolls down his sock to his below his ankle. And there, a bloodly bone was sticking out.

"How didn't I see this?!" I gag in my mouth slightly.

"I didn't want you to see it..." " But I can walk, I'm fine!" I place a hand over his ankle.

"We have to pop it back in."

His eyes grow wide.

"W-we don't have to!"

"Yes. That's the only way it will heal properly."

"Okay, fine."

He sits down and looks away.

"Go ahead."

I turn my nose up and put my hands at the ready.

"3...2...1...NOW!" I push his bone in quickly and I hear a snap of the bone going back to it's rightful place. A grunt comes from Link's mouth. Something tells me to keep my hand on his leg and I do. Before I know it, a bright light escapes from my hand and into his ankle. I hear snapping and skin regrows back onto his old wound. The light dies down and Link stares at me, bewildered.

"Wha...?" I look at my hands.

"How did you do that...?" I look to Link's now nearly completely healed face.

"Y-you're healed..."

"I...am...?"

"Yes!"

"Thank you Bri, but you didn't need to..."

"I didn't know that would happen!"

I look back down to my hands.

"There's no way that was possible...."

"Maybe we should get going..."

He stands up and I follow his actions. We continue to make our way to the last orb, myself not ready for what would be in store.