Chapter 9: Surprise! (And not a good one.)

When afternoon came around I decided to visit the springs. The place where i ended up after my teleport here.

I tell Link where I was going and he nods. "That's fine, just be back soon. I might even come there soon. It's very peaceful, but I must work at Lon Lon Ranch first."

"Okay, I'll possibly see you soon."

I get redressed into my day clothes that i came here in and hop down the ladder then go into the forest.

In the forest I listen to the birds, or whatever bird-like animals they have here while I look about, seeing a few animals cross infront of me and a few in the green of the vegetation.

Soon I near the springs and enter it. Right when I walk in I see the clear water glistening in the morning light. The blue lapped at the sand in a calming motion, calling me toward it. So I obey. I walk towards the clear water until the water washes near my toes. Then I take off my old, disgusting and grimy clothes until I am only in my sports bra and girls boxers.  Soon, I wade deeper into the cool, soothing water. Relieving my tensions and tight muscles right away. Almost like magic.

I start to swim in the water that goes up to the beginning of my rib cage. The water rolls over my dry skin, making it moist for a change. And it helps me feel much cleaner than I was.

After a few minutes I sit back and close my hazel eyes. They're mostly blue with a bit of green mixed in and sparks of gold. Like a splatter paint on white canvas.

I loosen my muscles and forget everything, just thinking of nothing.

Letting rays of sunlight flash through my eyelids. But, I start to get drowsy so I get out of the springs and lay out to dry. The drying water tickles my skin as it is evaporated slowly, and lo, after a while, I am nearly dry so I run my hands through my hair as dark as night and slip on my grimy feeling clothes compared to my fresh feeling body.

I sit at the rock and just take the sky in after this day of relaxing. I've realized I do this a lot now that I'm here. After sitting for a few more quick moments I hear a rustle and a low, quiet growl. My heart skips a beat knowing that in Legend of Zelda, there are many dangerous creatures here. I spring up instinctively, and walk to where I heard the noise. As soon as I get there

I regret making that desicion.

A tall beast, very dark and menacing growls at my new presence. He wears a mask on his head and two horns are above his head. This is a shadow beast. So where did he come from? I look up from where I stand and see a blue and black pixelated looking portal above me and all around it are dark clouds.

When I look back down, the beast leaps and surprises me, causing me to step back a little and I stumble and fall. 'How cliche.' I think. 'The girls in horror movies always trip before they are murdered by the killer.'  I look up to the beast with pleading eyes, but to no avail. He takes one of his clawed hands and quickly but forcefully scratches me on my stomach. I give off a glass breaking yelp. I squeeze my eyes shut and wait for my inevitable death but it never comes. I hear a person can my name so I open my weary eyes and see a huge dark wolf with a weird symbol on his head fighting the beast.

I start to get light headed and everything goes black...

-------------------------

Link's PoV:

-------------------------

I hear a loud scream as I walk to the springs to meet Bri after my work shift at Lon Lon Ranch. I quickly start running to where I heard it and my heart shatters at what I see: A white wolf with black symbols on it's head gravely injured from a shadow beast scratch. Her flowing blood seeps from the deep wound in large amounts that keep coming. I already knew who it was. "Bri!" I yell.

Anger and rage fills me and start to shift into a wolf. 'I thought this was over with.' I think to myself. I run towards the beast before he can get another swipe on Bri and barely kill him. I use some of my old killing tactics on him. Like the helm splitter and others I learned from 'The Hero's Shade.' However, without Midna, defeating him was hard to accomplish. His body turns back into pixels after I finish him off and it enters back into the Twilight portal.

I shift back and grab a pair of clothes to put on, my clothes always fall off my body when I turn into a wolf.

When I look at Bri my heart drops even more. The claw marks were multiple inches deep and she was scarcely breathing. It was worse than I thought. I take part of my clothing off the cover the marks on her stomach and chest to help keep the bleeding contained. I pick her up into my arms. And I quickly run to the mayor's house with Bri as a wolf in my arms. I start come up with a story about it on my way there.

----------------------------------

A/N:

So, is it getting exciting yet? What will happen to Bri?? You'll find out as soon as I update, which will be soon!! So keep an eye out for it.