Chapter 5: Tour

When I went inside I didn't expect what I saw.

Everything was so much more detailed than the game let on. I was quite surprised. A ladder led to Link's bed. There was dressers an actual kitchenette. (A small kitchen.) Mirrors and a basement. And paintings were also here and there. The afternoon sun filtered through the stain glass windows. It was a bit different than the game, that's for sure.

My thoughts were interrupted by Link motioning his hand for me to follow him. I Follow Link as we walk around his house.

"This is the kitchen." We walk past a place with a small table and a few grungy dishes were in the 'sink'. I suddenly had the urge to wash them.

"This is the bathroom." Ooh, a toilet and sink. This wasn't in the game...

"Where's the shower?"

"What's that?"

"Oh, it's an Earth thing. Water comes out of jets. It's pretty cool."

Link nods and motions me to continue the tour.

"There's also a mirror over here, I know you girls like to gussy up." We walk across the room.

"And finally, this is the basement. But I'd suggest not going in there... And this," he swivels around to point at his bed. "Is your bed. I will be sleeping on the floor below the ladder leading to the bed on the right." He points to an empty space beside the ladder.

"Shouldn't you sleep in your bed?" I question him.

"Your a guest, you should get quality treatment." I smile at his kindness.

"Thanks. It means a lot."

"No problem. Make yourself at home." I walk over to the ladder, climb up, and plop down on the feather stuffed mattress and cotton blankets.

"It's soft!" I yell to Link.

"Thanks! Stuffed it myself!" Link yells back.

I savor the feeling of sheets and covers as I lay back on the bed. But it's not the same as my bed at home... No Bri, be strong. Be strong for your family.

"While we're at the mayor's house, I need to get you some night clothes, I reckon you don't want to sleep in those."

I look down at my faded blue jeans, my t-shirt with a vest, and riding boots.

"I guess you're right." I tell him.

"Anyways, let's get ready to go to the mayor's house for dinner. It's almost 4.

I then realize how hungry i was, my stomach growls as I think of food.

Link chuckles. "I take that as a yes." I nod my head vigorously in response. "I'm starving!"

"Let's go then." Link walks to the door and opens it for me as I say 'thank you' and walk through.

It's time for a feast!