Chapter 34: Career.

2 Years Later.
--------------------------
"Alright Mom, I'll come by the house before I go." I sigh into the phone as I turn off my keys in the ignition.

"Sweetie, are you alright? You've been seeming a bit down." My Mother says worringly.

"Yes, I'm fine. I guess I'm just a bit worried about going off to the Air Force." I run a hand through my midnight-colored hair and begin to slowly open my car door.

"Okay, love you, see you soon."

"Love you Mom." The call ends, and i open my car door fully. I step out of my car and put my keys in my back pocket. I've never really been a purse woman, it might seem odd, but I don't like having to lug one around all the time.

Ever since I had come home from Hyrule I had been distant. Wondering what Link was doing, if he married Ilia or not. Did he move on? Or is he still stuck in the past?

And since we fought against Ganondorf in Hyrule, I thought going into the Air Force would be a good change. It would remind me of my fondest memories. The past two years had gone by in a blur, maybe not fast, but everything, every memory was distant. Time passed by with tears, frustration, depression, anger, anguish, disbelief. I felt like I lost everything I cared for. My friends had started to worry for me, even getting to the point where they called up a therapist. I told them it was nothing, I was fine. But in reality, I wasn't okay. Far from it.

I look up at the familiar barn and the recognisable scent of horses and hay fill my nose. Today would be the last day I would see Roxy, my horse, until I returned from the Air Force. Which wouldn't be for a while, because I signed up for 8 years of service. Long, I know, but I wanted to help change the world. Even if it was tiny.

I walk into the barn and see my baby, my escape from the world. I approach her stall and pet her head.
"Hey Roxy. I'm gonna be gone for a while...But don't worry, my sister's will take care of you."
Roxy looks up, almost like she knew what I was saying, and I wouldn't be surprised. She was smart.
"How would you like one little last ride?"
----------------------
The wind hit my face, I felt like I was on top of the world. Right now, my horse was cantering out in the sunny fields of our little getaway. This was the only time I would feel even remotely happy nowadays. I pat her neck and slow to a sitting trot.
"Good girl. Now, let's get back to the barn. I gotta be at the Airport in two hours." We turn around and head back into the barn, where I take off her tack.
"I'll miss you." I say as I bury my head in her neck.
I lead her into her stall and smile slightly.
"See you around, old pal." She nods her head, neighing as she stomps her hoof.

I make my way back to my Gray Mustang, put the keys in the ignition, and turn the car on.
I pull out my new Iphone and text my Mom.
"On my way there, give me 10 minutes. I Love you! "

I press the gas pedal and get out onto the road, heading towards my old home.

In a few minutes, I was at my house, knocking on the front door. A woman with curly brown hair opens the door cautiously, before smiling as she sees it was me.
"Brianna!" She calls, stretching out her arms.
"Mom." I sigh contentedly as I hug her, squeezing her tightly.
"I'm gonna miss you." And it was true. Although I missed Link more than anything, I still would miss talking to my family. She pulls back from the embrace.

"Nathaniel, Kristian, Katie! Come say bye to Bri!"

Immediately, the thumping of footsteps sounds from the stairs and I smile inwardly.

"Bri!" The two rascals yell as they rampage towards me. We land in a heap of bodies and I laugh.

"Hey guys." I ruffle Kristian's hair.
"I'll see you sometime soon."