Chapter 7: Bed Time.

When I got ready for bed I went into the bathroom and got dressed into the cotton nightgown Link had gave me. I suspected it was Ilia's, and I'm probably right to think so.

When I got it all the way on, the fabric felt soft on my skin and the creaky wooden floors felt cold to my bare feet.

I grab my clothes on my way out after I had gone to the bathroom and soaked water on my tan face. When I walked out my cheeks lit on fire by what I saw.

Link had no shirt on and pure white cotton boxers.

I cover my eyes, leaving a small hole to peek through as Link laughs at my action.

"You act like you've never seen a guy without a shirt on."

"I have but...not with fictional characters." I substitute what I was going to say with the last sentence which was I've had a crush on him since I first played the game.

"But aren't I real?"

"Ohh yeah. I forgot." I try to make the blushing stop as I uncover my eyes to look to Link.

"That's better. Now come on we have a big day tomorrow. And in a few days we're going to see Princess Zelda."

My heart leaps at what he says. The actual Princess? The honest to truth one?

"Okay." I try to sound casual. "Better get some rest then."

I walk over to the ladder, climb up and plop down in Link's bed as I hear him hustling about, trying to get his makeshift bed set up.

After I hear the noise stop, I speak up. "Goodnight."

A slurred response says, "G'night."

I stay up a while after I said that, thinking about my family and what they are doing at this point in time. Have they started to worry about me since I haven't answered any calls? I start to feel tired so I roll over onto my right side. One more tear drops falls my cheek as the drowsiness and darkness overtakes me into a night full of dreams.