34

That night was a beautiful autumn night. It was around November and getting quite chilly, not enough for snow, but if a person was forced to fight with each other only clad in underwear then it would, sure enough, be torturous.

"What? F-Fight each other?"

The boy soiled his pants as soon as he came under Jongho's narrowing eyes. His breath was stable as his frown dug into his skin even deeper and his lips were smeared into pressed lips. Jongho was improving on his calming techniques, and this new calm rage was unexpected and would instill terror no his enemies.

One thing that I admire about Jongho is that he never halts eye contact. Direct and discrete, his power is felt through his presence and penetrating gaze that thaws through the strongest of hearts.

"Did I stutter? Or I could do some things that would make you stutter."

He crouched down and pulled the Yang Seok Cheon's hair down so he could take a good look at his terrified face. I would say when his cool and controlled demeanor gives someone a nasty flash of panic.

"Look, it's a fair deal. You guys will fight to survive. If one of you wins then you guys then you can evade that chair over there,"

He nudged his head to the tiger chair. 

"Or, you could attend class in that chair. For the whole entire day. No sleeping allowed."

San, who was standing behind Jongho, briefly turned around to face me. He was obviously uncomfortable, but he hid it well. 

"You don't want to sit in that chair, deprived of your basic needs do you?" San asked. 

That was now how I instructed him to act. I did not ask for bloody noses mixed with silent tears, nor crippling ragdolls who were scrambling to stand up, only to roll back their eyes and fall back down.

Jongho's quick thinking, fortunately, kept the tension as he cracked his knuckles and placed a pair of barnacles on his wrist. 

I was spectating the night sun while kneading my hot pack, while I shuddered against the icy winds stabbing through my nerves.

Along with his footsteps getting louder, I could hear Yeosang yawning. He greeted me with the usual coy smile. Unusually, he was carrying a toothpick

"Don't worry not for you Hongjoong," he was about to walk away when he turned around with a mischievous streak, "unless if you want to of course."

I returned the coy smile, pretending to be fine amongst this horrid weather and ignoring the noises of human hands hitting against each other.

"No thank you."

San saw the toothpick from Yeosang's hand, "What are you going to do with that?"

He glanced at him and chuckled,

"I understand San, there's not a lot of good things that I would do, according to some guy who carries a bible around. But you know, fervent Christians, especially the cultish ones, have a reputation of deceit in them so not a credible source eh?"

San looked ready to slit Yeosang's throat with that menacing glare but we all know how Yeosang works.

"Don't worry darling. We all make mistakes," he affectionately patted San's shoulder.
"Like worshipping Jesus," he muttered under his breath. And San just silently turned the other cheek. 

Jongho remained unfazed as he inspected the two boys pummeling their fists, or should I say paws. Beads of sweat flicked off their skin with numerous more drooling and cooling their cracked and bruised skin.