8

Track 5. Megan Thee Stallion: Ain't Equal

Megan Thee Stallion. "Megan Thee Stallion - Ain't Equal [Official Audio]". Youtube. Youtube, Mar 6th. 2020. Web. 14th May. 2020

Licensed to Youtube by: Three Hundred (on behalf of 1501 Certified Ent LLC under exclusive license to 300 Entertainment); LatinAutor - UMPG, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutor, UMPG Publishing, Warner Chappell, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, and 1 Music Rights Societies

A/N:
BTW, WooSan means umbrella in Korean (우산)
Writing fight scenes are still hard for me. I should read more action books 

Q: What happens when San's Bday is on a Sunday?
                       A: Happy Sanday! (I've decided on a double update cuz he's aged one year!)

***

Exactly 2 weeks later Choi San entered the facility. He was charged with money laundering. Reasons were unclear as multiple theories sprouted within the same day he arrived. I didn't make much attention of it because I needed to focus on myself.

We saw him alone in the cafeteria and it broke my heart when he trudged to the line again when his cell leader snatched his lunch tray. It was typical newbie experience and was ethically incorrect.

After lunch Woo and I entered the doors of the small convenience store. Scouring the counters filled with snacks and instant foods he picks up a sausage skewer and giggles. And I can't help but smile back so hard that my cheeks hurt.

It's our first purchase behind bars and it felt so new yet so exhilarating. The items consist of regular everyday civilian food but for us they were a five star meal during prison. 

I was about to pick a pack of ramen however my fingers placed it back on the shelf. Instead my hand grasped a pack of gum. The reason I think was that the packaging would be more versatile and useful than a cup ramen.

The cashier scanned our items as we squeal and jump around. My forearms shake like an anime girl as he gave me the change. Ignoring his peculiar stare we hold hands and hop to the exit with huge grins.

Then we blast off to the weightlifting area as our journey for fitness began. Officer Yoo refused Yeosang's offer which I found pretty amazing but he managed to bribe another officer, Officer Kwon, to help us train. Of course in exchange of five thousand won per week. Quite a harsh trainer because he'd hit our butts with a baton whenever a mistake was made. 

Wooyoung, Yeosang, and I completed rigorous weightlifting sessions along with martial arts lessons every two days. Officer Kwon taught us wrestling, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu then forced us to fight one on one against him. The session becomes painstaking because you'd have to fight him bare handed while he carried his baton. Our muscles shrieked  as he'd make us fight each other for three rounds.

By the end of the sessions we'd barely survive with cuts and nasty purple spots decorating our bodies. The next day our legs would loathe us for simply walking. While walking, we groaned in pain as I pondered if wasting half my weekly allowance on him was a smart choice. But now in the present I think his bargain was quite humble.

Travelling at jogging pace Woo and I reached the weightlifting area where our trainer met us. That day Yeosang couldn't participate because he was hosting some event. Our nervous eyes met Officer Kwon's stone cold face.

With both hands planted on his wait he dismissed today's session. We looked at each other in confusion and I raised my hand,
"Sir, I believe today's our session."

"Well I guess you don't know about this but today's session is cancelled," he bluntly replied, "There's a fight goin on at the east corner and you two could absorb some valuable information."