36

"I place my faith on the Lord, who tests me through trials and tribulations. Wherever I go, whenever I am here, he will always be with me."

Religion. The perfect piece of propaganda indoctrinated in a suffering man. The more time I spent with San, the more I began to know his personality and the more I understood the power of religion.

There are two fundamental ideas that are important to Choi San: Loyalty and faith. He is a believer, a dreamer underneath the hardened shell of a warrior who aspires for love and peace. 

People like him are empathetic, kind, and charismatic characters. I knew as I saw him I had to recruit him, he had an endless potential to be a powerful preacher. He is someone I need to raise the morale of Ateez.

But I had more pressing matters to discuss with the doctor. For example, how his part in eliminating the parent company of Telegram went. 

Turns out, that the reason why Telegram was so pesky to eliminate, and how their content kept resurfacing were from a parent company that resided over the actual finances outside the prison. Some of these gang members actually were deliberately sent here to create a prison economy as inmates were the highest consumers.

"So, have you eliminated the CEO Jung and his assistant Kim?"

"Have you read the news Hongjoong."

"Just wanted to clarify that it's from you."

"Why yes," he smirked while stirring his coffee, "It was joyous to see the reaps of betrayal."

I mentally cringed. What kind of sick bastard gets turned on at that kind of disgusting shit?

"Are you even a real therapist?"

"I can show you my license. My criminal record isn't the purest but you can admit I know how to do a good job."

Heaving a sigh I decided to not prod on to his personal life further. We had more pressing matters,"Moving on to domestic relations. Our lower-ranking members have never seen their leader and it seems to make them a question. I'm thinking of putting Choi San as my representative in order to calm things down."

"Why?"

"He's competent, charismatic, and has a golden reputation in both faculty and inmates. He's the pioneer of good behavior."

"Are you sure you would want to exploit your team member's skills like that?"

Says the man himself. 

"Ha, Doctor Park, what else can a destitute behind bars can do?"

"Well, technically you are not destitute. You own two drug businesses. Your monthly income has more than doubled. I'm sure you could use the money for some...donations. Speaking of donations, have you looked up the orphanage that I suggested?"

"No, we're actually minimizing transports because we are placing a quota on these drugs so we're actually losing money. We can't have consumers dying from an overdose. We need to establish a sustainable relationship with our consumers. Besides, minimizing illegal transport will trick the police into thinking they're actually improving which will let them loosen their security. It's quite bothersome to pay extra to these smuggling companies outside for extra security in smuggling."

Slightly surprised, the psychiatrist nodded in approval.

"What are you going to do with the unused money?"

"Pay my workers of course. Money buys loyalty. Bribe the police officers too. Well, these days, distinguishing between customers and police officers is getting increasingly difficult. In fact-"