24

On the last day of February the sun never simply leaped over the horizon but instead slowly crawled away so it could show us its the candor of an orange marmalade masterpiece

On the last day of February the sun never simply leaped over the horizon but instead slowly crawled away so it could show us its the candor of an orange marmalade masterpiece. An Ombre of pink, orange, and yellow mixed in with crystalline clouds gave the sky a tropical setting in Amber Alaska.

It was the cusp of spring, the air was more forgiving and the days became longer and so I took Mars out on a stroll along with the basketball court in Amber Juvenile Correction Facility. He was wearing an orange jumpsuit and pink cheeks. With shivers and sniffles, he looks so vulnerable, so childlike, it's oddly adorable and queer because of his resemblance to his father although not as tantamount.

I never ever saw Seonghwa in orange, or sniffling,  or blushing, or crossing his arms, nor trying to shoot a basketball and miserably fail.

"Would you like my coat?"

"N-No thank you."

Why is he acting like a child? I didn't hear him stutter in mid-December. Maybe it's spring allergies or he wants some answers. He smiles and nods his head so the guards circling this court and standing behind us would ignore him. Polite mode it is.

We choose a steel bench to sit in and he sits after I do. I drape it over his shoulder and he reluctantly wears it. Smiling, he asks me if I would be okay.

"As you can see I'm wearing two wooly knitted sweaters underneath, I'll be fine."

"Did my father wear this kind of coat too?" he pinched the wooly gray cloth and fingered the wooden brown buttons.

"No, but something similar. He always wore a beige trench coat where the thin fabric would stop at his knees. He wore a turtleneck with either white, black, or grey with black dress pants. Same color were his slacks and were so shiny you could see your reflection in them."

He wore a humble brown belt that synched his tiny waist and accentuated his model stature. The thinly golden rimmed ocular glasses did not hide the brooding gleam behind. Where he walked he walked with speed and grace and his silhouette wouldn't go unnoticed. Of course, he would attract greedy stares aimed towards the attire on his wrist, a watch worn backward so the clock was invisible to boys.

A deluxe trinket as time is an expensive currency there.

People would either love or hate him but they would never leave his name in their mouths. The lunch ladies would giggle like high school darlings whenever he remotely looked towards them. 

"Oh Park Seonghwa! Such a dashing man!"

"Heard he's recently engaged though, but why do I see no ring?"

"Rumors, rumors I tell you Boksoon ah! Although I do think a young man like him should settle down soon, oh hello Mr. Park!"

There is a split between the line where the inmates isolate him. Walking over with utensils and an empty tray he says hello to the first lady who swoons. I think Yeosang also swooned in the line.