Chapter 3: Eventful Arrival

My nervousness was coming back.

Niki had left the train a while back, leaving me to enjoy the view of the outside world on my own. I did miss having someone to talk to but perhaps getting used to being by myself was a smart idea.

There were only a few minutes until the train arrived at Las Nevadas' station and from there, I was kinda screwed. The best idea was to walk around to find a tiny store that was taking job applications or ask around. However, asking was not a part of anything I wanted to do, it was a no to socializing for now.

I could see the kingdom from the window, a large kingdom, filled with flashing lights of all colours mixed with loud sounds of music and festivals. It was... certainly different from Hypixel. While Las Nevadas seemed like a top party destination, Hypixel had many areas for training grounds and blacksmiths spread across the area. Hardworking life to a life of the party. How interesting.

As someone who was taught to remain silent and collected, moving to this kingdom was either an amazing or awful change of pace. I was expecting both feelings and I was ready for whatever would come to me.

The train halted to a stop and I nearly dropped my backpack as I launched a bit forward. Glad I had fast reactions. I looked out the window and the train station was less packed than I imagined it to be. Maybe people were unwanting to leave? Maybe this was a good sign that Las Nevadas was a great kingdom where many choose to stay? I continued to look around, becoming more hopefully with every glance.

I got up and made sure I didn't leave anything behind. This time I didn't have Chaz to help me check if everything was with me... I really should have told my friends that I'd miss them.

I opened the booth doors and the train door slid open with the help of an assistant. I stood awkwardly at my booth's door, waiting for everyone to get off first before I could. Fewer people in the station would also mean I could easily get out. Though, I would lose the potential of asking someone to help me. On the other hand, I definitely did not want to talk to people.

The talking on the train quieted down enough and I took my chances by leaving my booth and completely exiting the train. No going back now. To my luck, the station was empty as well, it seemed like everyone rushed out of there. Probably to get into partying as soon as they could. Unlike them, I had another reason to get out quickly. I needed to go out and find a job or somewhere to stay.

I slowly made my way to the right exit of the station. It was separated with a large thick brick wall between the two sides. The only reason I took notice of this was the fact two people were conversating on the other side of the wall and I hid between to listen in. I have no reason for why I decided to eavesdrop. Bad habits, I guess.

"Sam, I've told you countless amounts of times, I DO have the planning for the expansion done, but building it would take even longer," Someone said, in an annoyed and angered tone. I took note of how they were dressed. Godly almost.

The man who I assumed was named Sam replied, "Did you make sure it's safe as well? Quackity is going to be using this train a lot and so are a lot more citizens and new residents."

"Yes, yes! I know! Do you think when I built everything in Las Nevadas I never considered the safety of everyone? The buildings will be standing for years! I want this train station to last just as long."

"Okay, okay."

"How much budget is Quackity giving me for this project?"

"Uh, he did say that as long as this train could make it to the Grand Prison as well as connecting to other kingdoms would be great," Sam nodded slowly, putting his hand under his chin to think. "As long as we can get more residents than Kinoko Kingdom then he'd be happy."

"Oh, of course. It's always about beating Kinoko Kingdom to him, isn't it?" The god-like figure sighed, becoming increasingly angered.

"Foolish, relax, Quackity just wants a good train station, no need to think about his intentions of it," Sam said. "You can focus on making the train station to make people happy. That's what Las Nevadas is for, right? That's why everyone joined."

"Right. Okay, follow me I'm going to show you the new station location."

Right when I thought my luck was always going to be in my favour, the two turned and saw me staring at them from the entrance archway. I panicked and looked away, something I learned to do so they wouldn't be able to recognize my face if I ran off. Though, I always saw this "trick" as a panic option.

I heard the loud footsteps of the two coming closer with every second and I knew I had to run or else I'd get caught. Since both Sam and Foolish wore heavy garments of gold I could assume that I'd run faster than they could.

Dragging my suitcase with me, I sprinted to the left side entrance and noticed a crowd of people slowly making their way up the staircase. I shoved my way into the crowd until I was in the middle and could hopefully be seen as a normal person. However, I'm quite tall. Most people in the crowd were not.

Staying hidden was definitely not an option anymore. I carefully shoved past more people, if I was in a hurry, those two would know it was me who was listening to their conversation.

I should have asked, myself why was I running, anyway? Maybe it was because those two were close with the kingdom's literal ruler... I did not want to be the first person to use that new railway system to the Grand Prison.

I got to the top of the stairs and looked behind me. They weren't there. I didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing. If I couldn't tell where my enemy was, that would soon come back to me if I took it easy.

I continued to walk, constantly looking behind my back just in case if they wanted to suddenly appear at the stairs and see me walking away. I did have my sword with me. Last resort though.

I pondered for a bit, thinking about all the worst-case scenarios that would happen if I was caught or drew my sword. Drawing my sword would most definitely get me arrested.

I heard mumbling ahead of me. Someone who was half fox and fiddling with their fingers. I was already used to Walli and Boomer being half animals so this wasn't anything new to me. We walked closer to one another and I leaned a bit to the right so I wouldn't exactly bump into him.

"FUNDY!" A voice that was familiar yelled. "Good job, you caught him!"

Fundy quickly turned his head and glared at me. Oh well, there goes my plan of not bumping into him. With all the force I had, I completely pushed him to the side and ran as fast as I could.

"How is he running so fast with that suitcase?!" Fundy said, eyes widening.

"Damnit, Fundy!" Sam yelled, chasing after me. I had no more options left than to run away, the exits were too much of an obvious place to run to so that wasn't exactly the best escape plan. I decided to run to escalators heading up the station. If I could time this correctly I would be able to force them up the escalator then hop on the one heading downward.

The sword I was carrying suddenly felt a lot heavier. Definitely, a signal that I needed to withdraw it, but I didn't want to. The sword is the last resort. And will only be a last resort.