Chapter 13: Family Trip

We somehow managed to convince Quackity to get us train tickets to Hypixel. I wasn't concerned about convincing him I was more concerned about getting more information about Dream and the Revival Book. Hypixel contained knowledge from all sorts of sources, they probably knew everything about everyone.

Earlier in the week, I sent Walli a letter that I would be coming back to the kingdom to visit, and told him about what I've found about Quackity. He sent back a letter telling me he was more than willing to help and happy to finally see me again. I realized Hannah never sent a letter, but maybe it was because she never had an address to send one to.

Hypixel seemed like such a distant memory to me by now, my emotions were all jumbled together I couldn't even put words together. My excitement and worries were at an all-time high. I was so happy to finally see my friends again but I was starting to get anxious about what I would find about Quackity. What if there was something truly terrible about the guy? How would I ever tell the others? Would they believe me?

I sensed Fundy preparing himself to prank me and I pretended to continue staring out of the window. He probably would think I was some crazy weirdo if I told him I used the window's reflection to catch the peanut he knew at me.

"How?!" He exclaimed, turning everyone's attention to him.

I put the peanut into my mouth, "I'm starting to regret choosing to sit beside you."

"Hey, I'm not the one with super reflexes to catch peanuts being thrown at me!" Fundy retorted.

"I'm trained to be aware of my surroundings all the time, dumbass," I rolled my eyes and reached over to his snacks, grabbing a handful. "Thanks."

Fundy squinted his eyes at me.

"I didn't pay three dollars for those just for you two to argue over them," Sam said, crossing his arms together. "Those were some expensive snacks."

"It's funny," Foolish began. "Because you know who choose the pricing for this stuff?"

Everyone let out a laugh.

"Maybe we could all band together to tell Quackity that he overpriced the peanuts on his train ride," Fundy joked.

I looked back outside the window while everyone else continued talking. I could see the Hypixel kingdom from here. It was such a lovely kingdom. There were no bright lights or neon signs like Las Nevadas but it was home.

Everyone joined me in looking out the window, Hypixel started becoming less and less of a distant memory as the train inched its way closer towards the kingdom. I was still in awe about the whole thing.

The train halted to a stop at the station and I couldn't even look outside the window anymore, I was so nervous. Maybe my friends expected to see me on the train and wanted to wave at me. Or maybe none of them showed up because they were happy to never want to see me again. Oh, what if no one wanted to see me again and hated me?!

I started refusing to get off the train, making all my new friends super confused and concerned. It was my idea to come back to Hypixel yet as soon as the train halted I didn't even want to step foot onto the kingdom.

After a long lecture from Sam, they all left the train before me, letting me know that it was safe to come off the train. I held my backpack closer to my chest as I slowly made my way down the stairs. What if no one came to see me? What if I came here for no reason? Could I call this place home after so long?

I looked around the station, it was quite filled for a random Monday morning. Everyone pacing around, trying to get on and off the train. Though, there was no sight of my old friends. The others probably noticed me becoming sad and told me to go into the main area, it would be easier for them to find me there.

I put my backpack on my back and followed them up the stairs slowly, looking down at my feet and going up each step. It was a small but fulfilling distraction.

I reached the top of the stairs, putting my hands on my backpack straps before taking a deep breath and looking up.

"PURP!" Astelic yelled, nearly knocking me back down the stairs. I forgot how strong her hugs were.

Everyone followed behind her with welcoming smiles that I remembered very clearly.

"Welcome back, dude!" Sammy said, joining in the hug. Suddenly, everyone was hugging me and I felt the weight of ten people pile on me. I looked past everyone and saw Hannah with Boomer, who waved.

I started bursting out crying, I couldn't hold back the tears this time.

The Las Nevadas crew stood back and watched the entire scene unfold in front of them. They had big smiles on their faces, they were happy for me.

After a ton of tears (totally not mostly from me), I greeted everyone with my new friends and they got along pretty well. Sam seemed to be extra nervous around them, it was probably because of how everyone was wielding a sword.

I walked up to Hannah and Boomer, forcing them into a hug, "I missed you guys."

"We did too, idiot," Hannah hugged back. "And don't worry, I cried super hard when I came back too."

I stood awkwardly, realizing that I just did the ugliest cry ever in front of EVERYONE.

"Holy shit," I said out loud.

Hannah and Boomer laughed before teasing me some more. There was still one more person I needed to greet before I could start my trip.

I saw Walli talking to 80 and Fundy, he looked like he was getting along with Fundy pretty well. Maybe it's because they're both half-animal?

I slowly made my way behind Walli and jumpscared him.

"Purp!" He exclaimed, turning around and opening his arms for a hug. "I missed you!"

All I could do was laugh.

I'm such an idiot. I missed them all so much.