Chapter 18: Planning the Banquet

I had spent quite a while in Las Nevadas now and I was starting to get to know a bunch of people. All my friends even started to come to me when they needed someone for a task, I always had someone.

Quackity would ask me to gather people to make parties, events or presentations for meetings. I was even surprised I knew people who could do any of those. He always counted these as "favours" from me, a way to repay the house and other stuff he gave me.

I didn't mind it, mostly because I wasn't the one doing any work for him.

"So, Purp, I need another favour," Quackity said, placing his whiskey back onto his desk.

I sat in the chair in front of him and raised an eyebrow. He never called me into his office for favours, most of the time it was in a random hallway, "Okay, who do I need to ask this time?"

"Nah, no one," He said, I began to be more confused. "I need your help this time."

"Oh?"

"There's a banquet going on, BBH is hosting, you see," He started slowly. "BBH is the ruler of the Eggpire kingdom, he's an evil entity that needs to be stopped. He wants to control everyone, he wants power."

"Okay, I'm following... But what does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"You see, Foolish is going there, he was invited. We're going to use Foolish as a way to distract the Eggpire and break in, we need to put a stop to this madness."

"Oh, I see," I nodded. "You need me to use my sword."

"Glad you're following!" Quackity nodded. He looked over to his whiskey before looking back at me, he probably remembered I don't drink. "Sharpen your sword, Purp, the banquet is in a few days. Also, wear a suit if you can, it's a fancy party after all."

I got up from my chair and left his office. I always carried my sword with me, no matter the situation. However, I hadn't been training since then and my skills were slightly rusty. He did say there were a few days before the banquet... Might as well train the hours away.

I trained for a few hours every day until the banquet (only a few hours because I also needed to do my other chores). I decided to put on the suit Chaz made me a few years ago, I've never used it before. Now I can tell him that I finally wore it!

Quackity decided to go on the next train after Foolish's. It was probably to lead off suspicion of us following him but I wasn't sure about how late we were going to be. It was just the two of us for a while until some guy with bright pink hair showed up. He walked into our booth slowly, like a king of some kind. I was beginning to believe this guy was some royalty with the outfit but he told us that he was only in it to destroy the Eggpire government because he hated governments.

"Why are you dressed as a king if you don't like governments?" I asked, I was genuinely curious.

"It's fashion," He replied. "You have to look good while taking down evil governments."

I looked over at Quackity.

"What? You don't think I look stylish enough for a banquet?"

I looked over at the pink hair guy who looked back at me. Was Techno some sort of pig? My range of knowing people who are half animal keeps growing.

"I'm not here to woo the crowd, I hate you both," Quackity rolled his eyes.

"Look man, I'm just saying," I said, trying to hold back laughter. "Even I put on something nice."

"I said what I said," Quackity replied. "Okay, other than my outfit, I do have a plan for the banquet."

"Alright, lay it out," Techno said. I noticed he had a crossbow loaded and a netherite sword. Where in the world did he get netherite?

"So, since we're a bit behind Foolish, we're going to arrive late, we're going to break in before anything bad happens and put a stop to it," Quackity explained. "I'll be digging a tunnel through the side, so we can get close to the egg and destroy it once and for all."

"You'll be digging?"

"Unless one of you two wants to do it," Quackity rolled his eyes again. "I won't mind passing the job to someone."

"Have fun digging then, Quackity," I snickered. "Techno and I got the sword fighting down, you can sit back and relax while we fight."

To be honest, I had no idea why I was so willing to fight on Quackity's side. He had been lying to us and tricking us the entire time, he even asks favours from me all the damn time. Doesn't he care about us? Why does he keep asking for things without giving back? I started to become used to Quackity being an asshole to everyone.

Before the whole banquet plan, I had received a letter from BBH himself, telling me to help him with something. He asked for me to kill Captain Puffy, I had no idea who she was and why he needed me to kill her. I didn't even know why he asked me or how he found my address to even ask this of me. I didn't listen at the time because they didn't offer much. The Eggpire didn't sound appealing at all.

I was beginning to think the guy I almost caught at the casino was working for the Eggpire but I never was able to find him after what happened...

"Good news you two," Quackity said, looking out the window. The outside train station was filled to the brim with red vines and leaves. What a sight to see. I wish I had my camera with me but I didn't want it to break while I was fighting.

"Woah," I said out loud. "What in the world is going on here?"

"Nothing good that's for sure," Techno added. "We got it though. We'll put an end to this. Whatever it is."

"Time to take down the Eggpire."