Chapter 21: Plan A

It was about three in the morning and I had forced Sam out of bed to help me gather the materials.

"What do you want, Purp?" He asked, slowly opening his apartment door. "Go to sleep, you wacko. What is up with your sleep schedule?"

"I need something, Sam," I began. It was early in the morning, meaning brains won't function properly so I decided to use this opportunity. Sam wouldn't bother asking too many questions if his brain was this tired.

"And, what is it?"

"I have a list of materials I need to get from the storage room," I replied, showing him a messily written list.

"Why the fuck at 3 A.M."

"It's a surprise for Quackity. Just help me open the storage room and you can go back to sleep."

"A surprise? Like what? A surprise party?"

"It's almost the anniversary of Las Nevadas becoming a kingdom, Sam. I want to do something nice for Quackity."

"Huh," Sam slowly nodded his head. "I didn't take you like someone to throw parties."

"It's my turn to do something nice!" I exclaimed before quieting myself down. "And I need your help... Mostly because I don't have access to the storage room."

"You have quite the long list there, Purp. Does the storage room even have party supplies?" Sam looked away for a second, trying to remember what the storage room had. "Ugh, never mind, I'm too tired for this. Follow me."

I stood awkwardly in the hallway, watching him attempt to grab his trident and items within the darkness.

"Um, do you need some help," I said.

"Nope," Sam replied, walking out of the apartment.

"You forgot to lock the door."

"Fuck."

I watched as he scrambled to get his keys and lock his door.

"Did you have a busy day or something?" I asked. We finally made a move on towards the storage room.

"Yes, Fridays are usually the worst. Days before weekends are always the worst. Quackity's whole logic of Las Nevadas being a party kingdom becomes bullshit whenever it's a Friday," Sam replied. "It's like if hell arrived just for me."

I laughed quietly, "Seriously?"

"Purp, ever since you talked to me in the train station I've been wondering about this whole ordeal. Quackity's logic and ideals have always been clear and good for me but recently I've been questioning them more and more. What am I doing?"

"Glad we're on the same page."

"I killed someone, Purp. I don't even know if he deserved it. Quackity told me to take his son far away and use it against them," Sam said, startling me. "I deserve to be thrown into prison."

"You... what?" I said in disbelief. "Sam?"

"I haven't been able to sleep but at the same time, I don't feel any guilt for what I did. This is what I mean by Quackity's logic and ideals becoming fuzzier and fuzzier. What is he thinking? Why am I listening to him? Do I think he's right?"

"Relax, Sam, you're going to be alright," I said, trying my best to comfort him. I never knew what to do in these situations. "Do you doubt Quackity that much? You shouldn't blame yourself if you do, it's understandable."

"Heh," Sam chuckled while unlocking the door to the storage room. "I don't know anymore."

"Thank you," I said, stepping towards the door before stopping me.

"Take the key and lock the door when you're done," He said, handing me the keys. "I expect them to be under my floor mat when I wake up, okay? I'm trusting you with them."

"Alright, you can trust me," I nodded, I wasn't interested in stealing storage keys anyway. "Goodnight, Sam."

"Goodnight, hope the party you're throwing is good."

I watched him walk away back to the apartment complex. Poor Sam, how could Charlie defend someone like Quackity? How could Charlie defend someone treating their friends like this? 

I flicked on the lights of the storage room and was instantly blinded by the light. I shut the door behind me and went to go find the items I needed. I was surprised to see the sheer amount of items that were within the storage area. I always saw it from the corner of my apartment but I never realized how big it was.

Everything was neatly organized (most likely because of Sam) and each item was separated into different categories. How convenient, thanks, Sam.

The only problem was how I was going to get the items back to my apartment without needing to make multiple trips. I looked around for any sort of cart or maybe a tray.

"Do you need help?"

I jumped around, quickly drawing out my sword.

"Holy shit! That was a fast reaction!" Fundy jumped back.

"Fundy?! What the hell are you doing here?! It's 3 A.M.!" I exclaimed, putting my sword back into its casing.

"I can't sleep," Fundy said, calmly. "I saw you and Sam walking here so I decided to follow and see what's going on."

"Alright, since you're here then," I replied. "I need your help moving these items to my apartment."

Fundy pushed a minecart towards me, "You can use these. They might be a bit difficult to control but they have wheels and a ton of room."

"You're not going to question what I'm doing?" I asked, grabbing the minecart and tugging it towards some pistons.

"I know it has something to do with Quackity," Fundy said. "I'm not stupid, Purp. I know what you've been planning behind scenes."

"Oh," I laughed nervously. "You're not going to tell him, are you?"

Fundy was trying to act like a smartass but in reality, I've been able to tell what Fundy has been feeling these past months. We hung out a lot and Fundy always seemed down whenever I wasn't looking. Las Nevadas and Quackity had been taking a toll on him.

"No, I won't," Fundy admitted. "I don't want anything to do with Quackity anymore."

"Really?"

"Purp, if you go through with this plan, what happens to you?" Fundy asked. "Where will you go?"

"I'm going to run away, go back to the Hypixel kingdom, I won't be a wanted person there, at least," I replied, stacking some redstone into the minecart.

"What about me then?"

I looked at him and saw the sadness in his eyes, "What do you mean?"

"You're my only friend here," He began. "What am I going to do?"

"Aren't Sam and Foolish your friends?" I said while beginning to realize that they were always off in their own world compared to us.

"I feel outcasted when I'm with them. I feel outcasted the more I live here," Fundy said, shuffling around to get another minecart. "I don't... I don't want to be alone."

"Do you want to come with me?" I offered. "You can go to the Hypixel kingdom with me and then you can go off and make your own friends. Maybe you can finally see Eret again."

"I'd like that."

"Alright, better get packing then!"