Chapter 5: Friendship

Charlie pulled up the car towards a large building, he said it was in the centre of the city but honestly, I couldn't tell if everything Charlie was saying was correct or not. He spoke so much, I couldn't keep up and sometimes he'd go off-topic to talk about Quackity.

I did notice he'd call everyone his friend, though. Even me. I just met this guy and he was already trusting me enough to call me his friend? Then again, he called the people who opposed Las Nevadas his friends too so maybe I wasn't that special.

"Is that the building you were talking about earlier?" I asked him, staring at a tall building filled with lights that shined down on the street below. This building would have lit up all of Hypixel if we had one.

"Oh, what?" Charlie looked at where I was suggesting. "No."

"What...? That's the building you were just talking about, though."

"Oh, sorry I meant the building behind it!"

"Right..." I replied. I specifically remember him pointing at that building and explaining its entire origin story.

After a few minutes of Charlie rambling more about something he ate for dinner yesterday. He did mention chicken and I was starving at this point. He pulled up to an underground parking area and drove for a bit before finding a reserved spot.

"We're here!" He said, cheerfully. He parked the car and instantly got out. Now that I realized it, he never locked the car.

I got out of the car, attempting to bring my suitcase out with me but failing miserably.

"I got it," Charlie said, stretching his arm out and completely tugging it out of where it was stuck.

"What the fuck was that," I said, my eyes widening as he handed me my suitcase and his arm retracted to its normal state.

"Oh, I'm half slime! I thought it was obvious."

"How many of those people notice you're part slime?"

"None," He shrugged before leaving without me to the elevator.

I followed behind him, struggling to comprehend what was going on. Sure, I was used to half-animal people. Walli was part bear and Boomer was part frog, but being half slime? What in the world? Did Hypixel restrict me on this kind of knowledge? I should have asked Chaz, he spent his entire life in the library. He would have known.

"The elevator ride to the top is pretty long, so you can just stand here and relax," Charlie explained, pressing the top floor on the button before we started ascending upwards towards what I assumed was Quackity's office.

"So, you said Quackity was your best friend, right?" I questioned him, I wanted to know a bit more about the ruler about the land before I confronted him once and for all. "Were you one of the founders of Las Nevadas then?"

"Quackity had already thought about the concept of Las Nevadas before he found me, I was a lost slime. I had nowhere to go and I barely knew anything about the world, it was kinda scary," Charlie answered, looking through the window behind us. "He has a legacy I want to protect. It means so much to him, so it means a lot to me."

"Wow," I replied, leaning against the handlebar that was on the window. "Best friends, amirite?"

"You have one too?"

"Of course," I smiled slightly, remembering how I left it all back at Hypixel, including my best friend. "He's back at my old kingdom, though. I hope he's doing alright."

"I'm sure your friend is doing fine," Charlie replied, offering me a comforting smile. "Even if Quackity leaves for a day, I wouldn't mind because I know he's just living his own life and at the end of the day, he's still my friend."

"Jee, thank you, Charlie. Could we, befriends too?" I asked, trying my best not to be awkward.

"Of course! I was already calling you my friend. I love to make new friends, Quackity says it's one of my best traits."

"Really? You are a pretty nice guy, it makes sense."

"Oh, one more thing," Charlie said. I just realized he had gone all serious. "Quackity can sometimes be, too much? I guess?"

I nodded slowly.

"He sometimes gets way too outgoing for his good but you could say the king is much like his kingdom! Just please, be patient with him. He knows what he's doing but he makes his route to get to it."

"Don't worry, I got it," I reassured him. "I wasn't expecting Quackity to be a calm and collected guy anyway."

The rest of the ride up to the top was a quiet one, I had no idea why Charlie would randomly bring up Quackity being someone difficult to get used to. We were talking about friends and maybe Charlie just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be rude to him. I feel like he doesn't know that being rude to the king of a kingdom is the most dishonourable thing to do.

Speaking of talking to Quackity, I wasn't entirely interested in being a swordsman for him. I did not attempt to run away from his "friends" in the train station to end up doing the one thing I went away from Hypixel for. If he didn't have any other job offerings, then I'd just kindly decline the swordsman option and hopefully, Charlie could help me find another job. After all, Charlie knew where everything was.

The evaluator suddenly stopped and Charlie nearly fell over. He looked at me seeing if I had the same fate but I was far too used to not react to things like this. We both stepped out into a large room, it was completely decorated with gold and other rich items that I couldn't name.

"Woah..." I stared at the big chandelier above us. There were so many crystals it was impossible to even know where to start counting. I started wondering how many of those crystals were fake but Quackity seemed rich enough to afford whatever he wanted.

Charlie stopped in front of the large wooden office doors. He paused for a second before looking at me.

"You ready?" He asked, his friendly smile was back.

"Why are you asking me that like I'm going into a big battle?" I asked, jokingly.

He looked at me concerned before I corrected myself, "Yes, I'm ready."

He nodded and knocked on the door before slowly opening it and walking inside. I probably had to wait until I was granted permission to go in, that's how it usually worked at Hypixel. Though, I was more worried about facing the king. I just arrived within the kingdom and I was already up so high in the ranks that I was able to speak face to face with the man.

I narrowed my eyes as Charlie waved at me to signal that I could go into the office. Time to meet Quackity, the head of Las Nevadas himself.