Chapter 7: Along for the Ride

"Here, this is your new room," Quackity opened a wooden door to an empty area. "It's pretty nice, right?"

"It's certainly bigger than the apartment I had at Hypixel," I walked inside and looked around at the large space I had. "Why'd you insist to show me where my room was, anyway?"

"We're going to be working together, might as well show you we can trust each other," Quackity said. "You can look around and explore the room. If you need me I'll be up in my office, I never leave."

He laughed at his joke before closing the door to my room and leaving. It was strange to think about how everyone lived in the office tower but it was pretty convenient. Especially since the rooms were so huge.

When I first entered, I was blown away by how fancy and rich the place looked. The large wooden entrance door was right beside the kitchen and lead towards a living room with a large dining table at the back with windows. I carefully placed my backpack on the countertop and lock my door. One time I forgot to lock my apartment door and David managed to scare me so badly, I never fully recovered from that.

I pulled my suitcase and looked through the huge glass windows. I feel like the main reason Quackity insisted on showing me my room was because he knew which rooms had the best views and he gave me one. I could see the entire city below, all the lights being aimed up in the air, all the cars attempting to pass through the traffic and all the people walking around. I noticed the sun setting and knew I just had to get a picture.

I left my suitcase at the window and walked back to my backpack with my camera. My first photo in Las Nevadas would be a gorgeous one. I aimed the camera to the perfect spot and put my finger on the button.

I never expected to already be staying at the most luxurious place or have a roof over my head for that matter. Quackity had even come to terms with my pay and it was unbelievably reasonable. Now that I had a house, I could frame the picture I took before I left on the train, screw you, Levi, I do have someplace to put it. I was also hoping to get a picture of my other new friends to place beside the original one.

I pushed down on the button and the camera made a clicking noise. I glanced at the screen and smiled at how perfect the photo came out. It captured all of the wonders of Las Nevadas without leaving out the stunning sunset in the background. Oh, how I loved photography.

I set down my sword and leaned it against the dining table. I wanted to forget about my sword job and admire my camera work for now. The sunset was lovely and I didn't want to miss it. However, it was sunset and I hadn't eaten since I first got here, I was craving food.

I sighed and I put the camera strap over my head. Could I go bother Quackity about needing to get food to eat? He probably actually wanted something to eat too. Maybe if I asked him if he wanted anything while I was getting food would be less awkward.

I grabbed my sword as well and walked towards my door before unlocking it. I put my hand on the handle and twisted it open. This felt way too rich for me to be owning.

"Purpled!"

"WHA-" I nearly fell over.

"Are you alright?!" Fundy said, worried and panicked.

Sam chuckled, "Did we scare you?"

"Yes," I admitted, recovering myself. It was the David prank from three years ago all over again. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well... We heard you just joined us, so we were wondering if you wanted to come out for dinner with us," Charlie said, smiling.

"You don't have to, but we usually all go out to eat together," Foolish said, he looked like he was remembering the time he went to eat dinner with everyone.

"No, no, I want to, it's perfect. I was heading out to dinner, like right now," I replied.

"I told you, Sam, we always have perfect timing!" Charlie said, excitedly.

"Okay, then, let's head out, I know a good place," Sam nodded. "I think it suits you."

I grabbed the keys I saw were on the small table beside the door. Probably the house keys that I never noticed Quackity place down.

"If it's a prison, I don't feel like going anymore," I joked, knowing it'll probably piss off everyone who had to chase me around the train station.

Everyone except Charlie groaned in annoyance at my remark.

"Am I missing something?" Charlie asked, confused.

"No, we had to chase this kid around the train station," Foolish answered. "Also I had to embarrass myself! How'd you dodge that lightning strike?! It was so perfectly timed and everything!"

"It wasn't that difficult to dodge."

"I told you, Foolish, you have to practice it," Fundy added, I never noticed the dark bags under his eyes. "Someone could dodge it with their eyes closed."

"HEY! What the hell, Fundy!" Foolish turned to look at the fox. "That was rude!"

We all headed towards the restaurant Sam recommended. Most of the trip was everyone bickering with each other, but it never ended without a group laugh. Everyone here reminded me of my friends back at Hypixel. As we continued the walk there, I started remembering the friends I left behind. They were such good friends and I missed them. I wish they were here with me.

"Are you okay, Purpled?" Sam asked me with worried eyes.

I hadn't even realized I started crying.

"Oh, no, what happened?!" Charlie said. Everyone looked at me concerned. I was the youngest of the group and it felt embarrassing to start crying in front of everyone.

"Nothing, it's fine," I used my hoodie sleeve to wipe away the tears left on my cheeks.

"You can tell us anything," Fundy said. "We may all be co-workers but we are friends at the end of the day. Family, too."

"Yup," Sam placed a hand on my shoulder. He instantly warmed up to me, I was thankful.

"Thank you," I looked down at the camera. "Could we make a stop somewhere, quickly?"

"Of course, where to?" Foolish said.

"Is there any place to print photos?"

"Should be somewhere nearby," Charlie said.

"Oh, also," I ran over to an electrical box and placed my camera on it. "What about a group photo?"

"YES!" Charlie ran over to me excitedly. "That would be awesome!"

Everyone else followed and watched as I set up the camera. I don't know how Sam managed to, but he found the most empty street out of the whole Las Nevadas. Perfect for photos.

I set a timer and quickly ran towards the group before managing a pose.

The button clicked and the photo was taken.