Chapter 4: Employed

Unlike them, I had a lot of stamina to burn.

I trained my entire life within the Hypixel Kingdom, I was capable of fast pace fighting and running. Most people who trained in Hypixel ended up becoming hitmen, mercenaries and bounty hunters. We were trained to do the heavy jobs.

Even if they noticed this, they didn't give up the chase... Unfortunate. I didn't feel willing to run away but I didn't want to be caught and thrown into a prison right when I got here. Even if I lived as a wanted criminal, I didn't exactly do anything much of a crime? Maybe running away from those working for the government is a crime.

Either way, I just kept running. The escalator was coming closer and closer, I barely had any time to rest if I wanted to go forward with my plan. I don't even know if the plan would even work. What if this was just a stupid stunt to look cool and it doesn't even work? What a stupid idea, Purpled. Good job.

Out of breath, I glanced behind me before sprinting up the escalator. The three were still following me and seemed a lot more tired than I was. The only time I was thankful for training my entire life. I wasn't thankful for how fucking long the escalator was, though. Carrying a suitcase while running up a flight of stairs isn't the most fun scenario.

"Foolish, good time to test your god powers," Sam said, behind me. 

HIS WHAT?!

I turn to look behind myself. What the fuck did I sign up for?! No one told me I was running away from gods! To be fair, I did get myself into this situation with my eavesdropping abilities and habits. God, why did it just so happen to be people who were close with Quackity? It could have been anyone in the world.

I heard a faint charge sound above my head, but I was too scared to look up. What if it was a vortex? A black hole? Poison? Acid rain? If this guy had the powers of a god, all possibilities were on the table and ready to be played at any turn. A bunch of possibilities flooded my mind. Was I... going to die? Already? I just got here!

I wasn't willing to die, especially so soon. I just said goodbye to all my friends in Hypixel, I didn't want it to be a goodbye forever. No one would even be able to visit me, I wouldn't be able to go back to Hypixel with new fresh memories from Las Nevadas. No one would be able to hear my adventures here if I was dead! Or if I was sent to prison...

After debating, I looked up and it was nothing more than a stormcloud that looked like it was about to strike. The cloud started to sizzle and I knew it was about to strike down. I quickly jumped out of the way onto the higher part of the escalator that reached the next floor. The thunderbolt struck down seconds later, causing no damage to the machine but it would have probably killed me.

"Foolish! You missed!"

"Jee, Fundy, thank goodness for you telling me that. I wouldn't have ever guessed that," Foolish said, his tone ever-increasingly becoming more annoyed and pissed off by the second.

 Screw them, I didn't need to keep listening to their argument. I was upstairs and away from them, I could make it out alive and well. I had everything with me and there was probably an exit somewhere up here. Foolish did say he took safety pretty seriously after all.

I pushed the button that lifted the handle on the suitcase and continued my walk away from wherever the hell those people were. Okay, I'm more relaxed now. I glanced over to my left and big doors were leading to the outdoors with cars zooming by. Probably a place to get a taxi.

I slowly made my way to the left exit and looked around. Beautiful stores filled the area, and a large food court sign hung above. The large glowing red arrowed pointed in the exact opposite direction I needed to go, unfortunate. I checked the stores again to keep my mind distracted from food, though the stores seemed too expensive and classy for my taste. Probably the residents in Las Nevadas were filthy rich. They did seem like they had money to burn.

I'd have to return here, only for the sake of finding a job. So many stores in one place and it was super close to the train station. Also, the food court exists. Close to a place with food and I could probably buy some to bring back for dinner once I get off of work.

I got near the glass doors and carefully pushed them open. A rush of fresh air breezed across my face and it felt calming. The air of the freedom of people driving by gave me a sense of my freedom. Especially since I got away from those three from earlier.

I continued my walk outside and decided that there were no options left. I had to go ask someone if there were job listenings nearby. I glanced at everyone that was standing outside, most people seemed to be in a rush or were already talking to other people. I needed someone alone so I didn't have to face talking to three other people at the same time. My social confidence is low and I wasn't up for everyone staring at me if I decided to talk to that one person in their group.

A young guy was standing in front of a black car, wearing a nice suit. He had a friendly smile and didn't give me those typical bodyguard vibes. Probably just a rich guy who came here to gamble? Hopefully.

I walked up to him, "Hey, uh, could you, uh, help me with something?"

"Sure! What's up?" He said, way more cheerfully and nice than I expected. "I know a lot of things. I'm like an encyclopedia but as a person, you get what I mean?"

"Uh... Right," I replied, awkwardly. "So, I was wondering if you knew any job listings nearby? I just arrived. Oh, also! Any places with a good enough pricing for apartments?"

"Oh! You're a new resident, I'm assuming?" He nodded. "I can take you there if you want, I was just standing there in case my friends-"

"Charlie, don't move," Sam said from behind me, I could hear him draw his weapon up to my neck. Shit. I should have considered how I would hide outside.

"Oh, those are my friends right there!" The man said. "This is my new friend, guys!"

"Charlie, this kid was eavesdropping and then he ran, you're a spy, aren't you?"

"What?! No way, I just overheard your conversation," I nervously replied, it was the truth but my lack of social confidence was showing. I turned around to face them.

"Right, as we'd believe you," Fundy rolled his eyes.

Shit.

"Look, it's a habit of mine to listen in to conversations I'm not supposed to and I'm sorry I ran away, I was scared that you guys were going to arrest me or something."

"The kid seems pretty young," The Charlie guy said behind me.

"I'm not a kid," I added.

"How can we even trust you?" Sam said, narrowing his eyes.

"Well, you can start by lowering your... Trident and I won't draw my sword."

"You're armed?!" Fundy panicked.

"I'm armed and I don't want to instantly kill you, there you go, you can trust me," I shrugged.

"Hey Sam, Quackity did request someone who could wield a sword," Charlie said.

Sam sighed, "Yeah, yeah, you're right, Charlie. Drive the kid to Quackity's office, we'll go back to dealing with the train issues."

"You're gonna trust me that fast?"

"If you hurt Charlie we won't be afraid to track you down," He replied, in the most fear-inducing tone.

"Relax! Charlie was literally the first guy who was nice to me, I wouldn't harm him."

"Not like you could anyway," Fundy added before leaving to go back into the train station. Sam followed behind him a few seconds after.

"Alright, let's go see Mr. Quackity then!" Charlie smiled happily, getting into the black car.

Not my first ideal job but, for now, it'll have to do.