Chapter 12: Hypixel

Quackity continuously went back to the Grand Prison, every day, for a whole month. To top it off, I was the only one that knew why.

Surprisingly, Slimecicle kept his mouth shut even though I felt like he knew why Quackity was doing this. No one else bothered to question Quackity's plans or even bat an eye at it. Why was I the only one who was suspicious of this?

After reading about the Revival Book from another book that Quackity had in his office (luckily Charlie forgot to ask to get the spare office key back), I realized that the book had a lot more value than I originally thought. 

As the name suggests, it's a book with the capability to revive any dead person. I don't know why Quackity needs it, I've been reminded again and again that Quackity's loved ones are perfectly fine and alive. He even told me he wished sometimes they weren't.

Finding more about the Revival Book didn't satisfy my curiosity and I needed to find out more about Dream. From a light read of the paper, he was the original ruler of the entire DreamSMP kingdom before being thrown into prison by Tommyinnit and Tubbo, whoever those two were. Sam was the creator and warden of the prison, despite being at Las Nevadas for most of his time.

"Purp, you coming?" Fundy said, walking up to me. "Lovely sunrise, huh?"

I shook my head to snap myself out of my thoughts, "Yeah."

"Why'd you shake your head then?" Fundy chuckled. "You feeling alright? Do I need to get Slime to get you some medicine?"

"I'm fine! I was just thinking about... Uh... Home," I lied. Though, it wasn't a complete lie. I did miss Hypixel and all my other friends. It had been over two months since I moved here and I couldn't shake off the homesickness I felt.

I couldn't wake up and hear my friends banging on my door to wake up because I'd be late for practice. Or hearing Sammy and Astelic's bickering when we got lunch together. I missed everyone so badly. 

"You ever think about visiting them? You've been here for a while, might as well," Fundy said. "And we can bring everyone! Like a family trip!"

"Oh, I didn't think of that!" My eyes started sparkling. "I would love for all of you to meet my friends!"

Maybe I could ask everyone at Hypixel about the Revival Book and Dream. They would have to know some stuff, right? Maybe I could even get Simon's input on the whole situation. It would be a lot more difficult with my Las Nevadas friends hanging around, they'll hear me talking about what Quackity's doing and think I'm committing treason or something.

"Give us a week then," Fundy nodded. "We have to get some stuff finished around here and we need to ask Quackity once he gets back. You should ask him though if we all leave while he's on his trip to the Grand Prison I don't know how the kingdom would handle itself."

"It can live," I replied. "Quackity hired a bunch of new supervisors because he's been leaving so much. They can handle it without us!"

"Besides, Quackity has Sapnap visiting soon and we need to make sure the place is all clean and nice for him."

I forgot Quackity's friend from the Kinoko Kingdom was coming to visit us. I didn't understand why Quackity would allow Sapnap to come to visit anyway, he always talked negatively about them. He always reminded everyone about how he felt abandoned and alone because of them. Slime told me about how Quackity created this kingdom for them but was left alone when they formed their very own kingdom.

Sam and Slime appeared behind Fundy, both arguing about what to have for breakfast. Foolish followed suit after a few seconds, covering his mouth while yawning. It was early in the morning and I was confused why everyone woke up as early as I did.

"It's like five am, why are you awake?" Sam asked me.

"I usually wake up at this time?" I replied, waking up at five am to train at Hypixel was a regular thing to do.

"You're hella weird," Fundy added, everyone else nodded in agreement. "Who wakes up at five am?"

"Everyone at Hypixel," I said while a rush of sadness washed over me, the homesickness was coming back.

"So... Purp and I discussed it," Fundy began. "We were wondering if you guys wanted to take a family trip to Hypixel!"

Everyone erupted in excited chatting, they probably hadn't taken a break since way before I moved here. I was curious about how Quackity would react to his most trusted members suddenly deciding to take a trip to a kingdom miles away from their home.

"We're going to need to somehow convince Quackity," Slime said, having the same thought I had. "How could he let us all go?"

"He's going to have to listen to us for once," Sam said. "We're been working non-stop for him, especially since he keeps heading to the Grand Prison nowadays."

"I still don't know what he's doing there. What's so important there that he needs to ditch his kingdom for?" Foolish asked, I flinched.

Should I tell them?

"Me neither, he should be here with us, protecting the kingdom and welcoming new citizens instead of leaving it behind," Fundy agreed. "He should be here trying to pay for the construction of the new power source."

"Hey, hey, guys, let's not question Quackity," Slime said, of course, it was him who was defending Quackity's questionable plans. "We all know that he's dealing with some stuff so let's just leave him to his things! No need to ask or bother him about it."

They all looked at Slime with squinted eyes, they knew that Slime knew something and Quackity had asked him to keep his mouth shut.

There was an awkward silence between us and I turned to look back at the sunrise, hopefully signalling everyone to follow suit.

It was a lovely day and I was hoping that maybe I can show my new friends the sunrise at Hypixel.