War Log #18: Home at Last

June 7, 1942, Pearl Harbor

At one of the islands, they hacked the Japanese code that Ad. Isoroku Yamamoto ordered back at his fleet. He send it to the officers as they rode a jeep to the Int. Station Hypo, this went through many decoders before giving it to Rochefort. After reading the message, he immediately send it to R. Ad. Edwin Layton.

At the Main Navy Building, in the CINCPAC Operations Room, the room was filled with senior officers and Ad. Chester W. Nimitz talking about the fleet, unknown on what happened to the fleet after that.

Rear Admiral Edwin Layton arrive at the room, before making his announcement.

R. Ad. Edwin Layton: The Japanese are retreating!

The bustle of the room has been replaced by silence, now with the huge announcement, Ad. Nimitz smiled as he said.

Ad. Chester W. Nimitz: We won.

All the senior officers exhange hands as they celebrate their victory. Ad. Cheester W. Nimitz  went back to his office to report this to Ad. Spruance. 

The next morning R. Ad. Edwin Layton, went back home, surprising his wife as well as confusing her. She asks him on what's with the positive expressions, Layton tells her that that they will have lunch, after a few minutes, his wife realizes the answer, she kisses on the cheek as she tells him that she is going to make breakfast.

June 8, 1942, Pearl Harbor, 9:00 AM

At the entrance to the docks, several families of the pilots and sailors wait for the arrival of their husbands, brothers, and friends. One of them was Dick Best's family, Ann and Barbera Best, they waited for the fleet to arrived and docked.

Then a two females walked to Ann with four children.

???: Excuse me?

Ann Best: Yes what is it?

???: Are you the wife  of Dick Best?

Ann Best: Yes why?

???: Oh sorry for the question, I forgot to introduce ourselves.

Elise Ferguson: My name is Elise W. Ferguson, the wife of Matthew D. Ferguson.

Elise Ferguson: Oh and they're John and Jack Ferguson, our sons.

Gwen Robinson: My name is Gwen I. Robinson, the wife of Irvin O. Robinson.

Gwen Robinson: They're Orleana and Yorka, our daughters.

Ann Best: Oh, nice to meet you as well. This is Barbera, my our daughter.

All the kids waved their hands.

But not before one more family walked near them. Having three children.

???: Um... he..hello...

Ann Best: Hi there.

???: Huweh...

Elise Ferguson: Hmm... Oh is that?

???: Huh?

Ann Best: You know her?

Gwen Robinson: Yeah, she's Illiohem's wife! I cen't believe she got  the guts to go to Pearl Harbor.

???: Oh... Gwen... why you have to reveal the details...

???: Introductions! I completely forgot, sorry...