Chapter 17: The Black Cube

At the park,

Missouri and Illinois are sitting together like brothers looking at the peaceful view of the base, both of them are silenced not before Illinois spoke first.

Illinois: The Black Cube...

Missouri: The one that the maids took with?

Illinois: Yes.

Illinois: I have it here.

Missouri: Let me take a look at it

Missouri takes the cube as he examines it. The cube seems to emit purple flasks of light with a Siren-like insignia in the middle of the cube. 

Missouri: So you medidated by touching the Cube to which it shows you a vision of some sort?

Illinois: Yes, for maybe around 5 minutes I was shown a vision or illusion. I suppose that earlier when you arrived you told me about it.

Missouri: Yeah, I was walking with Dido and Sirius, being a father-like figure to watch over them, giving out their new dishes to all the shipgirls here to taste their new cooking skills.

Missouri: That is when, I stopped in my tracks. Dido and Sirius are so worried for me that I woke up instantly. I was lucky to not passed out during that vision.

Illinois: What was your vision like?

Missouri: It seems familiar to our former Admirals dream. The time when they hugged the tearing Arizona during the hellscapes of Pearl Harbor.

Missouri: That's what it looks like. A fiery hell with debris everywhere, the skies are dark and covered with smoke. Steel from other ships afloat or sunk, and the many traces of blood around the ocean.

Missouri: First was red, which was human blood, but the other is yellow, which I presumed that it was blood from the Sirens.

Illinois: Is there anything else?

Missouri: Then, there was the figures. There are like 16 of them if I counted correctly in my vision.

Illinois: 16? That's a lot. Almost as if it was like humans as well.

Missouri: But what did you see in those figures Illinois?

Illinois: They don't have any features, but all I can say is that, they spoke to me.

Missouri: What did they spoke to you?

Illinois: Something about this vision will become the dark fate of Azur Lane if the factions weren't one.

Illinois: And they seemed to know us. But they also said that we might become hope or the key to change the future.

Missouri: I see.