Chapter 6

when i woke up i was just laid on the floor. My body was aching, glass shards surrounded my body. i turned my head to see my parents passed out on the couch, thank fuck.

with all the energy i had left i slowly stood up and headed towards my room. i got to my room locking the door and putting my desk chair underneath the door knob, so i definitely knew they couldn't get in.

i stripped out of clothes, leaving me in my underwear and stared at the purple and blue bruises all over my body. My fingers slowly trembled over the raised lines on my forearm. telling my story about my sad pathetic life.

i didn't even realise i was crying until i could taste salt water on my lips. i wiped away my tears and climbed into bed hoping for a peaceful slumber.

just for once...

(Time skip next day at school)

it was my last class of the day and i had ms paulson, of course i was the first person there.

"oh hey y/n, class doesn't start for another 10 minutes."

"i k-know i'm sorry i just thought i could come early and see you."

"of course you can sweetheart, is everything okay."

"y-yeah. ahh." i hissed.

"oh sweetheart what's wrong."

"n-nothing i-i'm fine i-i just started working out so my muscles are a bit sore that's all." i say with a sad smile.

"okay darling,have a hot bath tonight and it should soothe the pain a bit." she said smiling sympathetically.

"thankyou ms paulson." i said walking towards my desk.

"sarah."

"huh?"i asked turning around to face her.

"call me sarah when it's just us, ms paulson makes me feel old." she said with a chuckle.

"okay sarah."

The class soon became full of the other students. we all took our seats and ms paulson started the class.

(an hour later)

"just place your work on my desk and i'll mark it by tomorrow. Bye class."

i was the last one in the class. i was still packing my bag when ms paulson asked me.

"y/n darling, would you be able to help me take the box of work to my car with me, if you don't mind."

"of course not, where are they."

"just on here." she said as she pointed to her desk.

i picked up the box and helped carry it to her car.

"thankyou sweetheart" she says giving my arm a little rub.

at the same time mina came out to her car which was coincidentally parked next to sarah's.

"oh hey ms venable." i said with a sweet smile.

she just glared at me. if looks could kill ms paulson and i would of disintegrated. Mina got into her car without saying a word and just drove off. Weird, maybe she didn't want to risk us getting caught . i mean i don't know how we could've got caught by a simple hello, but never mind.

i quickly messaged mina:

y/n: hey is everything okay? xxx

mina<3: yes i'm fine.

y/n: are you sure? xxx

mina<3: yes.

y/n: um okay, hey is it alright if i could stay at yours tonight i don't feel like going home tonight, my parents are probably pissed by now xxx

mina<3: um sure.

y/n thankyou mina, i'll see you later. i love you 💜

mina<3: no problem.

weird normally she says she loves me too, i'll just talk to her about it tonight.

"im sorry ms paulson but i have to go, i'll see you tomorrow?."

"of course sweetheart, have a nice night."

"you too miss paulson."

we waved to each other, as i made my way to minas house. i don't understand why she was acting so different earlier. i hope she didn't think Sarah and i had something going on between us. I see Sarah as more of a motherly figure than a lover but i know how mina can feel. she tends to be very self conscious and always asks why i'm with her or why i haven't left her already for someone younger or without a disability, which breaks my heart knowing she thinks about herself like that.
i put my airpods in and soon arrived at Minas house.

knock

knock

knock

"hey." she spoke rather coldly.

"hey babe."

"i've got you some pjs out there just on my bed." she mumbled.

"aww thankyou. i'll be two seconds." i said giving her arm a little squeeze.

i put on the pair of long sleeved purple silk pyjamas trying to avoid the mirror. i walked out and met mina in the kitchen. i wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and placed a couple of kisses in the crook of her neck. "do you want anything to eat?"she asked.

"oh no it's fine i had something before i came here."

"okay."

"mina are you sure your okay, you seem rather distanced ever since i saw you in the car park."

"well i-never mind it's stupid."she said walking towards the living room.

"hey, i'm sure it's not stupid. You can tell me anything." i said placing my hand on her bicep giving it a small squeeze of reassurance.

"look have you and ms paulson got something going on?" she sighed turned towards me.

"what? No! why would you think that?" i asked.

"we'll i've just noticed you seem to spend a lot of time together like we used to, whenever we talk, it's all about ms paulson. i can't help but feel like your pushing me to one side."

"well i agree we have gotten close but we're not like that, okay. i love YOU mina okay YOU and only YOU." i say hugging her tightly.

"okay darling my, i'm sorry i just assumed tha-."

"hey, it's alright okay? i love you, okay." i said giving her multiple kisses

"i love you too princess, how about we watch a film to take our mind off it?" she asked.

"of course!" i yelled to excitedly.

"okay what do you wanna watch?"

"i don't know you pick, i picked the last time."

"okay." we snuggled into each other on the couch and put a film on. i ended up falling asleep in minas arms on the sofa. Just how i liked it.