THINGS LEFT UNSAID

THIRD PERSON POV

Percy walked out of his mother's apartment and went to Half Blood Hill, intentionally avoiding any campers or Chiron. He was in no mood to explain to anyone about his decision to leave. He went inside his cabin and packed the stuff he wanted to take with him, and after he finished packing, he sat down on his bed thinking about how his life had done a complete 180 and was facing the opposite of the direction he wanted to go on. Up until this morning he dreamt of a life with Annabeth and now all he wanted to was just leave everything and everyone behind. He wrote a letter to Chiron as a goodbye, of sorts, because face to face would've been too hard. He finished his letter, sat it down on a table near his bed, and left.

PERCY POV

I stood facing the camp beside Thalia's tree as I looked down at my favorite place in the world. So many memories are here. This was the first place I felt like home and fought so hard to protect. The fleece's magic was working, and the valley glowed with ethereal green, the wind so fresh it makes you yearn for it when you're away. The creek shining from the moonlight. The bizarre cabins that were only 12 when I arrived now, there are at least 30 or so. So much has changed at the camp, but it always felt familiar. Always felt like home.

I turned around and touched the bark of Thalia's tree, a sign of the sacrifice of a true hero. Even if she was out of the tree now, it was still a mark of a hero. I would miss her and Nico too; the little goth was always like a little brother to me. They are not gonna be happy when they learn I'm gone and are gonna retaliate when I return. I'll also miss the 7 and especially Annabeth, even if she hurt me, she was the first girl I ever loved.

I walked up to Peleus, our guardian dragon, and petted his head. "I would return again my friend", I said to him, and walked off to some where even the gods didn't know .

CHIRON POV

Three days later

I was worried it's been three days, and no one has heard from Percy or where he is. He was supposed to contact me when he was leaving for New Rome; Annabeth had returned to camp two days ago crying. She wouldn't tell anyone what happened and is refusing to talk to anyone, even her siblings. Even though everyone already knew what happened, some godly child of Aphrodite had heard of what happened from their mother, and the word spread like wildfire. It was no wonder Aphrodite and her children were famous for gossiping.

I started to walk towards cabin 3 to see if he had returned from wherever he was, I walked inside to see an empty cabin, bed made up, no sign of anyone currently staying. I was about to walk out when a piece of paper caught my attention. I went to pick it up and realized it was a letter addressed to me and the entire camp. I sighed, realizing this was a farewell letter.

I asked a camper to spread the news to everyone to meet me at the Amphitheater for an important notice in half an hour. I went there and sat down at the clearing, waiting for the campers to arrive.

THIRD PERSON POV

Everyone arrived at the Amphitheater and sat down, chatting among themselves nervously. Chiron stood up and stomped his hoof on the floor and all the chatting died down. "Is everyone here?" Asked Chiron just then Annabeth walked in, her hair messed up, eyes bloodshot from crying. She sat down at one of the empty stands and looked down, aware of the disgusted looks thrown her way. Chiron began by announcing "I have a letter here from Percy Jackson addressed to me and the camp and I'm going to start reading it so keep it down and pay attention". Annabeth began paying attention to what Chiron had just announced, as did the entire camp, and at Percy's name all chatter died down immediately.

Suddenly 14 flashes occur and all the Olympians were there and just asked Chiron to start reading the letter as they were just there to listen to what their Savior had to say to the rest of the camp. Chiron started reading.