Chapter 11: Sweet Cherry Pie

The security guards barely check us over as we walk into the venue with our passes. They clearly recognize Crystal and Sierra. Every place we walk people seem to know them. I feel myself sweating as I imagine Calum's reaction to my outfit.

Sierra proved to be very good at choosing clothes. They both loaded me up with a ton of clothes before we left.

I have no idea when or how I will wear any of them. At least I have options when I leave the house now.

I'm still in pure shock over the size and sheer amount of people waiting outside when Crystal practically drags me into another room filled with people I don't recognize.

Sierra disappeared the moment we stepped into the venue. She knew a lot more people around here seeing as she was in the industry. I really didn't mind I had a lot of burning questions for Crystal.

"This is the green room. These are the crew who they work with. You met a couple of them last night but don't worry about names. That will come with time." She says lowly so only I can hear.

I turn towards Crystal with curiosity. "Where are the guys?"

"They must be at sound check. They weren't in their dressing room either which was the first room we walked through." I nod trying to understand but failing.

This whole world was so new to me. "How long have you been with Michael?"

Her face lights up at the mention of him. "We've been friends for a couple of years but we were secretly dating for months before we went public."

Her answer makes sense as she starts pulling me back down the hall towards what she called the dressing room.

She says a couple of quick hello's before we are alone again in the very quiet room. Except for the quiet music and fan in the background it is empty and silent.

"Stella, I have a lot of questions and I know you probably don't want to answer them but they've been killing me for years. What happened?"

I sigh knowing this has been coming.

"Honestly, I don't know why I did what I did. All of it kind of happened. I just really struggled with what happened after Trey." I think I shocked her with my honesty as we both plop onto the soft couch sat in the corner of the room.

"I never hung out with him after what he did to you. I just want you to know that. Our whole group pretty much fell apart after that. I missed you so much and I had no way of finding you."

I'm at an impasse I don't know what to say. I've really been trying not to think about what happened in the past with her. Nothing about the situation with him had been her fault but it brought up the memories from that time.

I can't help the guilt that spreads through my body. I feel like a bad friend.

"Listen Calum doesn't really know about any of that and I would appreciate if you gave me the time to explain it to him. I feel really bad for disappearing and out of everyone I missed you the most. It was just too painful and you know how good I am at confronting my feelings."

She nods seeming to accept my answer. "Just tell me one thing?"

I wait for her as she takes a deep breath.

"You gotta promise me you won't do that to Calum. He's one of the best people I know and he's already so cynical about love. He's been hurt so many times and I don't know what he's told you but I've watched him become harder over the years. This is the first time I've seen him open up in a while and he deserves more then you just disappearing on him." Her protectiveness shocks me but I get it.