Chapter 24: Deja Vu

*23 weeks

"Why are we always at the airport?" I whine

After a week of traveling. I'm glad to be finally on our way home.

Traveling with Calum is better then being home alone but nothing beats being home together. I sigh as I lean back in to Cals side.

He rubs my shoulder up and down. Cal seems to have adjusted well to me on the road. I like to tell him all about how amazing he is every day. I'll tell him for as long as he listens.

I turn my head towards the window Calum leans out of the way as I take in the view. My heart grows warm as I see the familiar landscape of our home.

"We get a break now sweetheart." He says lowly for me only.

A smile creeps on my face. I love when he calls me anything but my name.

Sometimes when you get to know someone in a relationship you find things you don't like over time.

The more I get to know Calum the more things I find to like. I don't know what it is about him. It's almost like every layer I peel back is another fun surprise.

"What are you thinking?" He whispers into the side of my head.

I adjust my head to get a better view of his beautiful face. "Just the usual."

We both grin as I grab his hand. Calum's thumb moves along my hand.

"You'll have to be more specific." I scoff as I pull my hand back. We both laugh as I settle further in to my seat.

My head suddenly pulls me to a dark place. Will we be able to do this? Will we be good parents?

Calum bumps my shoulder as I rub my stomach lightly.

"Hey, pretty girl... seriously what's going on in that head." My hand moves up to my face as I rest my hand on my chin.

"I just hope I'm a good Mom. I feel like I'll never be able to live up to mine and since she's gone I can't ask for advice."

A warm palm pulls my face towards the window. My eyes meet a sorrowful face.

"I don't know what to say. I'm sorry your mum can't be here for you. I know my mum will talk to you if you want."

I give a bittersweet smile as I lean into his hand.

"I know Cal." He pulls me into his side. Somehow this action comforts me more then any of his words.

"You're going to be a great parent. I know it." He tells me with such certainty I can barely doubt him.

As we get lost in each other the plane dips down. Looks like this part of our trip is coming to an end.