Chapter 25: Change

*25 Weeks

The house is quiet this morning as I wait for Calum to arrive home. He is currently with Ashton picking up the pieces for the nursery.

I told him we could just have it delivered but he insisted on picking it up.

When we got home the first thing I did was pack up my house. When you put all of your stuff in to boxes suddenly it seems so much bigger.

It's just weird to see everything you own put in to boxes and moved so quickly. After I moved out of my brother's I stayed in the same place, at the same job, doing the same things over and over again.

I've never been one to handle change well. For some reason moving in with Calum and changing his house to be ready for the baby was easy for me surprisingly. It felt weird but it also just felt right.

I don't know why. Nothing seems to make sense when I think about Cal.

At one moment I find myself excited and overjoyed to be in this position with him. The next I'm terrified I'll wake up tomorrow and it will all be gone.

How does a person like me deserve a guy like him. I'll never understand what he sees in me. It's not that I'm an insecure person it's just that look at him. I see how people look at him.

It took me about two days on tour with them to see that lots of people would be with Calum in a heartbeat.

What makes me different or special.

Duke springs up from the bed at the same time as the front door sounds. He jumps down wagging his tail as Calum's voice rings through the house.

"Stella, babe come here!" I push myself up slowly ignoring the twinge in my back.

I step down each stair holding on to the railing tightly. I've gotten even more clumsy somehow these past couple of weeks.

I hear the babble of Calum and his friends in the living room. They seem to be playfully arguing over something as I finally get in to the room.

I lean against the frame of the door smiling as Michael and Luke come in through the door with the second box.

"Where is Sierra and Crystal?" Everyone's heads snap to mine as I question them.

Michael lets out a loud laugh before slinging his arm over Luke. "Looks like we are chop liver." I roll my eyes stepping further in to the room.

Calum pulls me in to his arms and whispers in my ear. "They are just getting food. They will be here soon."

I pull his arms tighter around me.

It's actually really sweet that they came here to help us out. I'm excited to see the girls. Especially since they are bringing food. I've had tons of new cravings lately when I'm not feeling sick to my stomach.

We get everything up to the nursery while we wait. Well more like I supervise as they carry stuff up.

It wasn't too much. The rest we can buy closer to when the baby comes. "Are you guys sure you want to put it together? We could have someone come do it."

Calum shakes his head furiously as the rest seem to think about it. "No. listen babe. I need to do this for our baby."

A smirk appears on my face as I try not to laugh. It's actually pretty hot when he puts his mind to something.

Luke takes the moment to take the bait though. "Why did that sound so macho man. We aren't exactly the pillars of masculinity."

Calum turns to face him. "Speak for yourself mate. I'm not the one who looks so good in glitter."

Luke just rolls his eyes looking for backup from Ashton and Michael.

"I mean. The only one of us who finished high school was Ashton. What hope do we have to put all these things together." I bust out laughing as Michael finishes the final nail in the coffin.

Ashton moves to my side with a cheeky expression.

"Well Stella graduated from college so maybe she can read the directions and then we can put it together." This causes the group to erupt in laughter as someone starts to bang on the door.

"Well. At least we have backup. I'm pretty sure Sierra loves putting furniture together." Ashton says as we all make our way down the stairs.

Calum walks in front of me letting me rest my hand on his shoulder. We've gotten a pretty good routine.

"Hey, if you guys asked I would've told you I'm really good at putting things together. I can sit on the floor I just might need someone to pick me up."

We reach the bottom step as Luke swings open the door. The girls stand with the food in tow. The scent hits me first as my mouth waters.

"Okay that smells amazing. You two are my favorite people now." Sierra smiles brightly while Crystal pulls me in to a hug.

I'm thrilled to have found some actual friends. Ones who actually care about my life.

We all sit in the living room putting on a cheesy movie as we eat.

It hits me that I've actually come so far in the time I've known Calum. This time last year I would've been by myself.

I would have isolated myself and I never would have gotten that promotion. Simply because the Stella of the past had nothing to fight for.

I'm starting a family. Not just with the baby and Calum either.

I get the privilege of knowing Calum's loved ones. Including his friends and family.

I wish I had more to offer him but I don't. If he loves me he will be okay with what I can offer. I have to let go of trying to be perfect for him.