Chapter 17: I Got Something To Tell You

*13 weeks

I wrap up the last of the gifts stuffing down each of my worries as I put each present into it's gift bag.

Calum invited his friends over tonight and we planned out how tell them together.

This morning the call to his parents and sister went smoothly. They asked a few questions before letting us go. I could tell the shock ran through each of them while they tried to act excited.

I have a sneaky suspicion once we meet everything will work out.

My first impression with Mali didn't go the best but she promised to visit the next time she was in L.A.

I can already tell I will adore her. Maybe she will be the older sister I always dreamed of.

I just want them to know I'm only in this for Calum.

As I finish putting the tissue paper into the bags I step into the kitchen watching Calum work from afar. I offered to cook but he didn't let me.

Something about how he doesn't want me standing on my feet for so long.

In the end I'm thankful because while my feet actually feel better the new thing I'm dealing with is having to pee every 5 minutes. That might not seem so bad but it becomes inconvenient.

I'm impressed with Calum in the kitchen actually. He's standing over the steaming pan stirring around the dish as he tinkers with the oven below.

That's another thing. The hormones have been crazy this week. Every time we're alone I'm practically ripping his clothes off.

Calum likes that one.

"El, Take a picture it'll last longer." He says as I realize I've been caught. I pull out my phone taking a quick picture before strutting to him in front of the stove.

I pop my arms around his body as he continues to stir. "It smells good Cal."

His body vibrates as he chuckles lowly.

"Are you nervous at all babe?" I ask scared of his answer. I know his friends are an important part of his life. They are like his brothers.

"If they were only my friends no. I'm only a little nervous because of the band. They don't know you that well yet so they might get ideas about the direction of the band." I let out a longing breath. I don't want them to dislike me.

Calum turns around taking my face in his hands. "Whatever reaction they have we will deal with. They are my family so it's all going to work out."

I'm trying to be optimistic but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. I know any negative reaction is really going to hurt Cal.

Before I have the chance to comfort him further a knock sounds on the door. I start making my way to answer as he continues stirring the sauce.

The minute the door opens Crystal has me pulled into a tight embrace. I return it really needing it in the moment. I know she will be happy for me out of everyone.

"You have been like no contact since last week. I knew when you guys left together so out of the blue everything was going to work out." I give her a weak smile before everyone else greets me.

We walk to the kitchen as Calum is getting the plates ready to carry over to the table. I rush ahead to grab the plates but he stops me. "No, one of the guys can carry it over."

I hold in an eye roll as Luke takes the plates from him. Typical Calum. He's been like a hawk already making sure I don't overexert myself.

I hear a cough and Michael saying whipped under his breath. Crystal scolds him loudly and whacks him on his side but I send an amused look his way.