Chapter 2

We were all sitting in the foyer when we heard something outside. We ran out to the courtyard and saw a blue wormhole in the sky.

"Don't get too close!" Allison warns.
"Yeah no shit!" Diego says looking at the mysterious blue circle in the sky.

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly, either
that or a miniature black hole!" Luther said,
analyzing the situation. "There's a pretty big
difference there Paul Bunyan!" Diego shouts.

"Everyone behind me!" Luther shouted.
Diego looked over at him. "Yeah! Everyone behind
us!"

Klaus came running out with a fire
extinguisher. "Out of the way!"

"Klaus what's that gonna do?" I scoffed.

And he threw it into the portal.

"don't know, you have a better idea?"

Someone could be seen trying to go through the
portal. It looked like, an old man? They finally pulled through, landing on the ground.

  I looked at him in disbelief as my jaw dropped. "Is it just me or do you guys see a little number five too?" Klaus asked the group.
Five looked down at his small figure before looking up again "shit." He said softly. He looked at the group and how they've changed. Then his eyes fell on me. I stood there shocked, he smiled a little bit. I walked towards him before stopping myself. "Five?" I asked confused.

  Just as he put his arms out for a hug I slapped him. Harder than I expected. His face shot to the side along with his hand to comfort his redding check as he groaned. I heard gasps coming from behind me and I think I even heard Diego say "oh shit!" But I honestly didn't care.

  He looked at me shocked "why the fuck did you do that?!" He asked me wanting an explanation. "Yep it's five." I said turning around to the group with a smirk, And walking inside.

  We were in the kitchen and five was making a sandwich "What's the date? The exact date." Five said. "The 24th" Vanya said. "Of what?" Five asked annoyed. "March." She continued. "Good" five said getting out the bread.

"So are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked but five ignored him. "It's been been 17 years." Luther said annoyed and standing up. "It's been a lot longer than that." Five said finally acknowledging Luther and spacial jumping to the cabinet.

"I haven't missed that." Luther said. "Where'd you go?" Diego asked. "The future. It's shit, by the way." Five said jumping back over to the table. "Called it!" Klaus said pointing up. "I should have listened to the old man. You know jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice. Nice dress." Five said looking through the fridge then at Klaus.

"Oh, we'll danke." Klaus said pinching the edges of the dress. "Wait how did you get back." Vanya said still not believing it. "In the end I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself.  That exists across every possible instance of time." Five said opening a jar of peanut butter.

"That makes no sense." Diego said trying to wrap his hand around it. "Well it would if you were smarter." Five and I said at the same time. He looked at me briefly before turning back to his food. I was leaning against the wall watching him. I still was a little confused myself though. Why was he in the future for 17 years?

"How long were you there?" Luther asked "forty-five years give or take." Five said as Luther and Diego sat down. "So what are you saying? That your 58? Luther asked.

"No, my consciousness is 58." Five said looking at Luther. "Apparently my body is now 13 again." Five said taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Wait how does that even work?" Vanya asked still not getting it. "Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh. Bet she's laughing now." Five said taking a eating his food. I looked up at him.

"Delores?" I said a little to jealous. "guess I missed the funeral huh" five's stated ignoring my previous comment. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "How'd you know about that?" Luther asked confused. "What part of the future do you not understand?" Five said looking at him.

"Heart failure huh?" Five said reading the newspaper on the table. "Yeah." Diego said as Luther quickly replied "no."

"Nice to see nothings changed." Five said setting the paper down and walking away. "That's it? That's all you have to say?" Allison said shocked turning around. "What else is there to say? It's the circle of life." Five said from the other room. I walked to the living room and grabbed a drink from the bar.

We were in the courtyard standing in the rain. "Did something happen?" Mom asked. "Dad died. Remember?" Allison said turning to her. "Oh, yes of course." Mom said turning to Luther. "Is mom okay?" Allison asked Diego.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge." Diego said soaked. I don't know why he wasn't holding an umbrella, we had tons of them. "Pogo walked up "whenever your ready dear boy." He said to Luther. Luther dumped dads ashes out on the ground.

"Probably would've been better with some wind." Luther said looking up. I looked over at Klaus and he put his finger to his lips, laughing to himself. "Does anyone have anything they wish to say?" Pogo asked. "Very well. In all regards sir Reginald hargreeves made me what I am today for that alone is shall forever be in his debt. He was my master. And my friend. And I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-" pogo said

"He was a monster. He was a bad person and a worse father. The worlds better off without him." Diego said. "Diego!" Alison said looking at him. "My name is number 2 you know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it." Diego said to her. "Would anyone like something to eat?" Mom asked hearing her name. "No it's okay mom." Vanya said. "Oh okay." Mom said sounding sad.

" look you wanna pay your respects. Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."Diego said walking forward. "Diego-" I said. Putting my hand out. "You should stop stalking now. " Luther said angry.

"You know you of all people should be on my side here number one." Diego said turning to Luther. "I am warning you." Luther said. "After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a million miles away." Diego said.

"That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Diego said as they started fighting. Just as I was walking inside with five and Allison we turned around. They had knocked bens statue over and broke it. "And there goes Ben's statue." Allison said walking inside. " You idiots! "I yelled before walking inside.

   At the table I was drinking with klaus and five was ransacking the cabinets. After a few minutes of awkward silence five said "I'm taking the car." Turning like he was going to jump. "Where are you going?" Allison asked concerned. "To get a decent cup of coffee" five said aggressively turning back around. "Do you even know how to drive?" Allison asked with more concern in her voice. " I know how to do everything" five said anger evident in his voice. He turned around to jump again but stopped himself and turned to me tapping me on the shoulder. I looked at him and he leaned down to me " I need to talk to you" he whispered in my ear." Before blinking us in the car.

Hey guys! So are you liking the story so far??  Don't forget to vote. And please feel free to give ideas on the comments. And I'll get chapter 3 up soon.

Word count 1252