Chapter 13

We got back to the academy and heard klaus in his room, "you ok?" Five said knocking on Klaus's open door. "Hey" he replied softly. "Yeah, I just...long night." He said putting his shirt on. "More than one from the looks of it" Five said as I walked in next to him. "he's saying you look like shit." I said amusing myself.

  "Yeah." Klaus simply said. "Don't remember the dog tags." Five replied "yeah, they belonged to a friend. " klaus said playing with them. " how about the new tattoo?" I said crossing my arms and leaning against the wall.  "You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said it was a long night." Klaus said. I could tell he wanted us to leave but we didn't care. "You did it didn't you?" Five said amazed. I looked at him. "What? Five?" I said confused.

  "What are you talkin' about?" Klaus said genuinely confused. "You know I can recognise the symptoms, klaus." Five said walking forward. "What symptoms? Symptoms of what?" I asked five very confused. "Jet lag, full body itch, the headache that feel like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. You gonna tell us about it?" Five said looking at me then klaus.

"Your pals-" klaus started "assholes you mean" I interrupted as five smirked."assholes" klaus corrected himself looking at me. "When they broke into the house and they couldn't find you to" klaus said "two?" I asked looking at klaus. "Ya you two, you and five" klaus said Pointing at us. " you follow five around live a little puppy so when there looking for five there looking for you to." Klaus said looking at me as my face turned red with anger.

  "A little puppy" I said raising an eyebrow and five snickered. "Excuse me?! What?! I don't follow five around like a little puppy ! He's dragging me around. " I said storming out of the room.

  I was in my room sitting on my window ledge still a bit mad when five jumped in. He put his hands in his pocket and looked around the room. " hasn't changed much." He simply said looking at me, but I was looking out the window.

  "What do you want five?" I said still looking at the view outside. " not sure, but you look like a lost puppy." He said smirking. I glared at him. "You know hes right you haven't left my side, it's almost as if you like me." Five said cocking his head.

  "You wish." I said standing up and walking past him over to my vanity leaning on it. " I just don't have anything better to do." I said looking at him. " come with me. I want to show you something." He said grabbing my hand.

  We were in his room when I noticed the writings all over his wall. "Oh, okay I think I've got something, y/n" he said looking at his wall. "It's tenuous, but promising." He said looking at me. " five what is all this? I said looking at him, when Luther walked in. " it's a probability map." He replied."probability of what?" I said crossing my arms sitting on his bed.

  "Of whose death could save the world. He said and I turned around to look at him in shock. "I've narrowed it down to four." Five continued. " are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther said gesturing to the names on the wall.

  "No I'm saying that their death might prevent it." He said looking at Luther. "I'm not following." Luther said. " time is fickle, Luther, the slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum. The butterfly effect. So all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the time line, wherever they may be, and kill them. Oh yeah..." five said as he wrote something down in his notebook.

  Luther looked at the wall "Milton green. So who's he, a terrorist or something?" Luther asked. "Uh we believe he is a gardener" I said as I got up and walked over to the window. "You can't be serious. What this is madness five, y/n aren't you gonna stop him?" Luther asked looking at me. " uh no because honestly I kind of want to see him get his ass beat." I said looking up at Luther smiling as five glared at me.

  Five pulled out a gun case " wh— where'd you get that?" Luther stuttered. "In dads room." Five said with out looking up. " I think he used it to shoot a rhinoceros. It's similar to the model I used at work. Nice shoulder fit and highly flexible." Five said loading the gun. " but you can't , this guy Milton is just an innocent man." Luther said looking up. "It's basic math, his death could potentially save the lives of billions." Five said looking at Luther. " you know y/n your such a hypocrite!" Luther said to me. I grabbed the knife of five's desk and pinned Luther against the wall with the knife to his throat. "What Did you call me?" I asked him, but warned him to be careful with what he said next.

"Earlier you were upset because he was killing innocents and now your just going to let him?" Luther said. I let Luther go and I turned around. " I don't control five I can't stop him." I said to Luther putting the knife down and standing next to the open window. "If I did nothing he'd be dead in four days anyway. The apocalypse wont spare anyone." Five said looking at Luther.

  " we don't do this kind of thing!" Luther said getting mad. "We are not doing anything" five said pointing to him and Luther. "We are." He said pointing to himself and me. "I can't just let you kill innocent people. No matter how many lives you'll save." Luther said back to five. "Well good luck stopping me."

  Five said heading out the door. "Your not going anywhere." Luther said as he grabbed me by the neck and dangled me out the window as I screamed.

  Five turned around immediately pointing the gun at Luther. I tried to jump away but Luther was choking me and I was to weak. " Put. Her. Down." Five said loading the gun. "Put the gun down. Your not killing anyone." Luther said as I gripped his hand trying to fucking stay alive. "I know she's important to you, so don't make me do this." Luther said.

  Five scoffed. And I stared at Luther kicking my legs as I saw how high up we were. "It's either her or the gun." Luther said "you decide." He said gripping my neck tighter. And I winced. Luther let me go and five dropped the gun and jumped to catch me as I was screaming and blinked us back inside. "I can keep doing this all day." Luther said as I glared at him rubbing my throat and coughing.

Five sat on the bed and sighed. " I know your still a good person,  five. otherwise you wouldn't have risked everything coming back here to save us all, but your not on your own anymore. " Luther said looking at us. "There is one way." Five said as I got off fives bed and sat down in the chair next to his bed.

  "But it's just about impossible."  Five said. "More impossible than what brought you back here?" Luther asked as five looked at my bruised neck.