Chapter 24: Recovery Party

No one's perspective

While Izuku was being processed for getting discharged, Ochaco and the rest started to plan a little 'recovering party' to heal his soul. Everyone from high school will come, including some of the new friends from college. Mina and Asui were set on decorations, Sato on deserts, Todoroki and Momo for gifts, Iida, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sero on music equipment and stationery, and the rest were in charge of getting utensils, cups, and other goodies. Shinsou would pick Izuku up from the hospital, so he was on a mission to bring Izuku to the party. 

Ochaco was the party hostess, so whoever had a problem with something, they'd come to her. Their high school dancing room was big but not as big as the basketball indoor court or the auditorium. Meanwhile, everyone was setting up for the party, and Izuku was being filed for discharge; Bakugou was bouncing around town, looking for something to get Izuku off his mind. 

Bakugou didn't know whether or not to attend the party. He wanted to go because they promised booze, and wanted to see Izuku again. He knows he's been checking on his ex for the past few days, but that doesn't mean he's ready to let him go. Bakugou knows he's not giving up on his man, but he has to for now. When the time comes, Bakugou will have the chance to say his piece and hope for forgiveness. 

Nonetheless, Bakugou was driving downtown Tokyo in the street where all the best restaurants on the corners are. He decided to go to a one-person restaurant and get some ramen. Bakugou hasn't treated himself in a couple of years, and he's been too busy making Izuku happy or distracted by the school. So, going out to eat by himself felt like a great idea. After a long process of parking, walking, and ordering, the ramen arrived at his table, and oh boy, was he ready to eat. 

As he ate his ramen, he received a message from Kirishima:

Shitty hair Sharkboy: hey, Bakubro! Are you coming to Izuku's recovery party?

Shitty hair Sharkboy: I know you two had a rough end to your relationship, but I think it will help you recover, you know?

Shitty hair Sharkboy: I hope you can make it, bro! We'd all love to see you!

Bakugou sighs as he turns off his phone, plugs one earbud into his ear, and shuts his phone. He listened to the music as he ate his meal in peace. In Bakugou's mind, Kirishima was right, and he should attend the party, not for Izuku personally, but himself. The blond decided to go to the party but first needed a gift. He couldn't get any presents, and he needed a goodbye and welcome back present, and he knew just what to get. 

After Bakugou finished his meal and paid, he got inside his car and drove to the closest mall. Once he entered the mall, he instantly searched for Zoomies, like a cute kawaii store full of unique and artistic stuff. Bakugou found himself contemplating whether to join because he didn't want to see the look on everyone's faces when a male entered the store. 

Nevertheless, he entered with pride hanging low and sports high to pick out a perfect present. Bakugou knows Izuku likes to cross-dress occasionally, so why not get him something he can wear? Bakugou went to the far back of the store, where the clothes are located, and stood in front of the aisle, looking up and down, to see what yelled out "Izuku Midoriya." 

As Bakugou is lost in thought, an attendant approaches him and starts him. "Welcome! Is there anything you are looking for in particular?" She asks with a kawaii smile because it's part of the script, or so Bakugou imagined.