Chapter 37: Their Fight

No one's perspective

It was the next day. Izuku told Bakugou that he needed some space from him even though he loved him. He can't endure more chaos from the blond if he wants to keep the relationship. And to do so, he asked Shinsou to take him out for a day like they were back in high school. 

"I'm glad we get to do this again, freckles," Shinsou says with a slight smile as he looks into Izuku's eyes; he could fall into the endless void as long as he stares into Izuku's eyes. 

"Me too. I need a friend right now," Says Izuku, whose lips curve into a smile before looking forward as he looks out the window inside the city bus. 

"Are things with Bakugou not going so well?" Shinsou questions Izuku's face since he seems oddly different from his usual self. 

"Well, sort of. I want our relationship to work because I love Kachaan, but...I found out recently that he hooked up with girls and Sero when I was in a coma," Izuku replies to Shinsou, releasing a sigh from his lips as he raises his arm to rest it upon the window's border; his chin is resting on his palm. 

"Izuku, please hear me out," Shinsou says as he looks down at his hands intertwined together. "I know that, in the past, I said that Bakugou wasn't that great. But when I saw he genuinely loved you, that was enough to fight for your relationship, but..." He stopped speaking to look over at Izuku, who was already looking at him. "I don't see it like that anymore,"

"What do you mean?" Izuku questions, putting his full attention to the purple head while the bus made a temporary stop because of the people at the bus stop. 

"I mean, he's hurt you several times, hasn't he?— I'm trying to say that if you love him, you should let him go," Shinsou says before looking away from Izuku and looking straightforward as soon as the bus moves again. 

"Shinsou, I love him!" Izuku cries out, causing some people traveling on the bus to eavesdrop on their conversation accidentally. 

"Love isn't hurting the person you care most about in the world, Izu," Shinsou replies quietly instantly. "Love is..." He stops once again, feeling heartache and multiple beats simultaneously. Shinsou's face turned red, and his hands began to sweat. "...it's w-when you can't stop thinking about someone you c-care about so much and all you want is the best for them, in sickness and in health, forever..."

"Is that how you feel about your crush?" Izuku asks another question while raising his hand on Shinsou's shoulder, causing the purple head to look over and see Izuku's eyes glistering with the sunlight. 

Shinsou couldn't take it anymore. His heart wanted Izuku, but his mind refrained him from doing anything he'll regret. Even so, his heart won. Shinsou unlocked his hands and placed them on the sides of Izuku's face, causing their eyes to lock with one another. As the bus comes to another stop, Shinsou doesn't hesitate anymore and brings his lips to Izuku's, hoping the boy before he doesn't pull away instantly. 

Izuku was shocked when Shinsou kissed him and continued to kiss him, and he didn't know how to feel or react. This is the first time the freckled boy acknowledged Shinsou as more than a friend, making him continue the kiss, surprising Shinsou. 

The two individuals part ways for air as soon as the bus moves again. Shinsou was starstruck by Izuku's beauty and delicacy as the sun's shine landed on his features. He was taken aback by the boy's retaliation in the kiss, but he couldn't be happier. Meanwhile, Izuku gasped, raised his hands to his lips, and widened his eyes after realizing what he's done.