Panic attack - 8

Bruno hid in the background as he watched his family dig out his niece from under his old tower. It was all his fault. His prophecy had seen this happen and his tower had fallen on his niece. He had watched her grow up strong, regardless of her lack of gift. He had heard her cry many nights and it reminded him of himself in a way. Both felt shunned due to gift or lack of gift and were treated unfairly by Abuela. Now all he could do was pray his gift wasn't the cause of Mirabel's death.

He ran into the woods and cried. He cried hard. So hard he couldn't breathe! He couldn't breathe!!! He tried and tried but his lungs wouldn't work. He should have saved Mirabel! He shouldn't have left! He could have done something. Anything. And she would be okay. At this point Bruno was in full panic attack mode.

He was completely unaware of his surroundings and did not hear two pairs of feet coming his way. He simple kept chanting that it was his fault. He could have saved her. And didn't falter until those two pairs of feet met his and became two pairs of arms giving him a huge hug.

Julieta and Pepa had not planned on running into their supposed "dead" brother yet here they were. Once Mirabel had been pulled out of the rubble, they had gone into the woods to look for plants to use to help wrap up her wounds. She would be okay but it would take her time to heal. They hadn't made it far when they saw a man in a green pancho curled up in a ball struggling to breathe. They both rushed to help him and with tears in their eyes realized it was Bruno having a panic attack. He had had several attacks as a child as he was upset by how his gift only hurt others instead of helping like his sisters. He disappeared ten years ago and they find him panicking. Their little brother was alive and they were quick to comfort him.

Once he calmed down, they drug him along to go help Mirabel and demanded they get to ask questions later. As they rushed back, they of course got many stares but ignored them to bandage up Mirabel. They used moss to soak up the blood and grabbed some vines to hold the moss in place. Now all was left was to ask Bruno some much needed questions and wait for Mirabel to wake up.