Searching - 18

Mirabel's family was devastated upon reading Mira's letter and immediately began to search without even giving Abuela a second thought. She had forgiven and continued to love Abuela despite her verbal abuse but they would not give her another chance to hurt their favorite daughter/ sister/ cousin/ niece! While they all loved their family, Mirabel had always been a special light to all of them and for that she held a special place in their hearts.

The entire clan of Madrigals split up searching Mirabel's known favorite hiding spots and other spaces she would go to to relax or destress. But she was in none of those places. In fact, Dolores couldn't even hear her. Mirabel had taken into account all of her families gifts and hid in a cave near the mountains beside the river to cover up the sounds of her breathing and heart beat.

Mirabel had spent the past night trekking though the forest near the cave she was currently sleeping in after discovering it a few weeks earlier. She knew her family had discovered all her old hide outs and would look there for her first. However Mira had underestimated Antonio's furry friends. They wanted to make him happy again and wouldn't stop at much to please him.

The only thing keeping Antonio's jaguar from physically dragging Mirabel back was her fire. She had set up a fire in front of the cave to scare away the animals but it would only keep them away for so long. Mirabel's family was on the move and wouldn't stop searching until they brought her back!

AN: I'm thinking about renaming this story the Madrigal's gift. Please vote yes or no

Yes

No

Other suggestions