Come back - 21

Bella once again took Antonio to Mirabel only this time with Bruno following along from behind. At some point he joined Antonio on Bella's back after struggling to keep up but reached the cave in a decent time regardless. It was around 4 in the morning by then and they knew their family would freak out with them missing as well but Mira was more important.

Her flames were still going strong and blocking off the entrance to her cave but they wouldn't last long. Antonio called out to his prima to wake up and her flames dropped in shock as she saw Bruno with him. She knew immediately that her tio must have seen the two of them in a vision and convinced Antonio to bring him here. She knew her family missed her but she was trying to protect them! Why was it so hard for them to understand?

As the two watched Mirabel get lost in her thoughts, they wrapped her in a group hug as tears of frustration developed in her doe like brown eyes. "Why do you want me to come back so much? Why can't you just let me protect you?" She whispered. Bruno hugged her harder understanding how Mira felt about her "cursed" gift having felt the same about his own.

   "Mira I want you to listen to me very carefully. I was misunderstood and shunned because no one knew how my gift worked. Sometimes I still don't fully understand how it works! But your gift is amazing! Fire can cause harm just like someone's future is not always good but that doesn't make it cursed. Fire can warm others up on cold nights, light up a dark world, and fire can burn away the old to help new things grow stronger than ever."

   By the end of Bruno's rant, Mirabel shook in his arms as her body overflowed with sobs. It felt so good to know that someone understood how she felt and had given us at this point to try and stop the tears from falling.

   But Bruno wasn't finished. "Even though my gift was not understood, it was because of you that I was able to be with our family again. You don't even need a gift because you alone is all the gift you ever need. This family won't stop looking for you because it is you that holds our family together. Not Abuela, not the magic, and not our gifts. It's you and has always been you! Please come back home Mira!"

   At this point Mira could only manage to get one word out... "okay..."