Heartbreak - 2

Pepa was stressing up a tornado out of worry because she couldn't find her baby boy anywhere. She wanted the night to be perfect but also couldn't help worrying about her niece. Mirabel had helped raise Antonio every step of the way but he was hopefully going to get a gift but he would then be pulled away from her leaving her alone once more. She could see how close they were but she also saw the hurt behind her eyes grow as Antonios time for his gift came closer.

Camilo and Dolores worried about Mirabel as well. Camilo and Mirabel had been so close when they were younger that many would confuse them for twins. They were inseparable but when Mirabel remained gift less, it only hurt her more when he tried to use his gift to cheer her up. Not knowing how to cheer her up and not wanting to see her so sad, they slowly drifted apart. Dolores had heard all about this of course and had tried her best to comfort both of them as she could her them crying to sleep many nights. Over time as they drifted apart the tears for Camilo slowly decreased but Mirabels never stopped. She covers it well and learned how to cry quietly to not be heard but Dolores could hear a pin drop so not much got past her.

Mirabel knew that Dolores could hear her many nights and was grateful she never told anyone. After she had grown to accept that she wouldn't get a miracle, she had decided to keep up her happy persona and help her family as she wasn't able to help the village. She would be the glue for the family as the Madrigals held the community together. There was still many nights that she cried but with Antonio sharing a room with her, she was forced to keep it together a bit longer until she got him to fall asleep. On the nights that it was hardest for her, she would sneak out with the help of Casita until she could recollect herself enough to fall asleep and prepare for the next long day ahead.

When Mirabel heard Pepa couldn't find Antonio, she knew exactly where he would be hiding. He had hid there many times before and once offered a present, he was quick to reveal himself. She joined him under the bed and gave him a big squeeze after he saw his newly made jaguar stuffy. His giggle turned her frown into a slight smile before she lead him downstairs and put on a big fake smile for the rest of her family. She knew they all had their own struggles and she wasn't about to burden them with hers. She was already a failure and unable to help the family so why make it any harder on them than she already was. Isabella was simply the only one brave enough to say it straight to her face.