Chapter Forty Four

Gracie POV:
".... I'm going to talk to Gracie" I heard Carina say from downstairs. Shit. I'd been trying to avoid her all morning I knew what was coming. I quickly ran into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. A few minutes later shes started knocking on the door, "Gracie come out" she told me, "I already did that once I'm not doing it again" I joked hearing a chuckle from Carina. "Seriously come on Gracie" Carina asked and I opened the door slowly. "I don't want to talk" I told her giving eye contact so she knew I was being serious. "Bambina what you did last night was wrong, and I get you were worked up but all I want is an apology" she told me, "why should I be the one apologising?" I asked annoyed, "because you yelled and swore at me" she argued. "Yeh well if you had listened in the first place then we wouldn't have had that issue would we?" I scoffed, "bambina cut the attitude it is enough" she sighed. "Oh my god I was just fuckinh talking" I said before walking away. "Gracie" she said grabbing my hand, "get off me" I pulled my hand from her grip.

Carina POV:
"Maya I don't know what to do" I said pacing the kitchen in rage. "Carina I'm sorry I have to get to work, just do what you have to do don't go full on crazy but just do what you need to get her attitude in line because it's getting beyond at this point. Call me if you need me, I love you" she said before kissing me and then leaving for work. "Gracie get down here" I called before hearing her come downstairs a few moments later. "Yeh?" She asked, "Gracie I will not be putting up with your attitude anymore, this is your last warning or you won't see your friends for a month si?" I asked her, "fine whatever. Can I go out?" She asked me, "where? With whom?" I asked her, "station by myself" she told me, "yeh sure be home before dark" I told her, "thanks mama" she said hugging me, "oh and I'm sorry I was being a bitc-" she said before quickly cutting herself off, "it's okay you were being a bitch but I forgive you" making us both chuckle.
.......
Gracie POV:
"I'm heading out" I called opening the front door, "okay be safe bellina. I headed to the station which was about a 10 minute walk.
.........
Carina POV:
"Bambina have you decided what sport you want to do?" I asked Harper while cleaning up in the kitchen. "Dance?" She asked me, "bambina with your moves you'll be top of the class" I winked at her. "I will find a dance studio for you my bambina" I kissed her cheek. "You know your mamma is quite the dancer herself" I said before pressing play on the radio which played italian music. "Mama I don't know how to dance like you!" She argued, "I'll teach you come here" I said grabbing my hand out which she took. "Okay so forward, side, back" I said showing her some movements which she copied, "am I doing it?" She laughed, "yes bambina now shake those hips!" I cheered. We both danced in the kitchen for the duration of the song ending with me and Harper both on the floor with laughter. "That was so fun mamma, can we dance again?!" She asked, "how about you dance and I'll send a video to mommy?" I asked her, "si!" She said excitedly standing up. "Okay ready... go!" I said hitting record on my phone. I sent the video to Maya waiting for her reply.
........
Gracie POV:
"Mom?" I called out looking in her office. I walked around the office looking for anyone but nobody was there, "what the" I mumbled to myself, "AHH- Jesus Christ you scared me" I shouted when I turned to see Pruitt Herrera. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you mija" he laughed. "Where is everyone?" I asked, "On a call, there's a 4 alarm fire so most people have been called in" he told me making my heart sink to my stomach. "Oh- 4 alarms... That's um not good right?" I asked him, "there's no need to be worried mija I'm sure everyone is safe. "But it's not good" I repeated starting to panic. "5 ALARM ALL FIREFIGHTERS AND UNITS TO APARTMENT BUILDING FIRE, PINE STREET ROAD" came blaring on the speakers. As soon as I heard it my heart started beating 100 miles per hour. "I'll call Carina mija stay calm" Pruitt said rushing away. I started pacing back and forth until he returned, "Carinas on her way" he told me, "o-okay" I breathed out shakily.
......
Carina POV:
I quickly made my way to the station with Harper, I walked in and saw Gracie clearly distressed pacing the floor. "Bambina come here it's okay" I said rushing toward her before holding her tightly. "But- what if moms not okay" she said gripping onto me tightly. "Bambina look at me" I said placing my hands either side of her face. "Calm down, deep breathes with me". "It will be okay" I said trying to hide the panic lurking onto me.

Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of updates I'm on holiday so I haven't had loads of time to update. I'll try my best to get another update in this week.

Thoughts on the chapter??

Predictions on next chapter.... Sorry to leave u on a cliffhanger I love it tho😘