Chapter One

"Consider your parents, Seokjin, and imagine what they would say if they learned that you were even thinking about doing anything like this." Jin pondered this question as he sat in the center of his bed, a bowl of fresh fruits next to him, three of his textbooks open on his nightstand, and his laptop propped up on his knees.

So, what exactly is the plan informing them that you have lost your scholarship funds? Are you okay with doing that? How about showing them those credit card statements and store credit bills? Are you prepared to do that too?

"Oh my goodness, please stop talking!" Jin screams out, despising his inner thoughts. "All I need to do is ask for a raise at work." Jin smiled at his thought, reaching for his phone; his smile faded almost immediately, "who am I kidding!" He drops the phone and returns his attention to his laptop.

He groaned as he scrolled through his application; he couldn't believe he was going to go through with this. "Let's try it for a week; if I am called with any offers, I can always decline them if they accept my application, that is," he says, reasoning with himself.

After he submitted his application, he lay back on the bed, "I can't believe how much paperwork I have to fill out. Applying to be a sugar baby is far more difficult than applying to college, like seriously, why do they need my birth certificate? Was my passport not enough?"

He was completely taken aback by the amount of information he provided. He knew Jimin had mentioned it was a high-end site where only the most qualified were accepted since they had some of the wealthiest clientele, but he had not expected the application to take him two weeks to complete. He had to hunt out paperwork he had never used before, as well as be fingerprinted and have bloodwork done.

When he learned that would be the process a month ago, he chose not to trouble himself with it. However, when he received his final bill for the next semester and was informed that he would not be allowed to begin classes for that semester until the amount was paid, he swiftly made his way to the website. He had explored several other options, but none of them could provide him with the amount of money he would require for that semester. With his current semester nearly over, he was well aware of the consequences of failing to make a payment on his bill. He would be unable to select his classes, which would be problematic because all of the good classes with professors he admired would be filled up quickly, as he had learned the previous semester.

He told himself that if his application was approved and he was selected to be a sugar baby for anybody, he would do it until he could save up enough money to pay for his next year of college tuition. He also had some other debts he wanted to pay off before his parents discovered what he had been up to. He would be through with it as soon as he completed that task. It was all for his future until he could pay off his debts.

"I wonder how long I have to wait for them to respond to me?" he asked, sitting up on the bed and reaching for his laptop to see if he had received a confirmation email from them. Finding the email, which he did receive, his eyes widened as he read it:

We appreciate your submission; we have received it and will review it carefully. Combined with the increasing number of applications we get every day, please allow up to six weeks for a response to determine whether you have been chosen. If you are chosen, we will inform you of the subsequent step(s) at that time. You may reach out to one of our agents through the link provided below during this waiting time if you have any questions or concerns regarding your application or if you desire to withdraw it from consideration. Please include your application number in the subject line when contacting us with inquiries.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you for being so understanding.

"Up to six weeks for a response? What the hell? I thought Jimin said it wasn't long? I can't wait six weeks; my bill is due in six weeks!" Jin grumbled and sank back onto his mattress.