Chapter Twenty-Four

Jin swallowed; he tried to calm the sudden shock that had awakened in him. It was hard for him as his heart raced. He needed help understanding why or how Taehyung was there instead of Hoseok. It was definitely different from what he had expected.

"Seokjin-"

"Why are you here?" Jin whirled around and sent a look in Taehyung's direction, but he gulped as he took in the man's features. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw how much more gorgeous the man had become over the months, but it was true. He seemed to have gotten hotter since the last time he had seen him. He had to shift his gaze toward the door when Taehyung made eye contact.

"I should be asking you the same thing, Seokjin."

When Jin heard his words, he immediately became angry and boldly glared at Taehyung, asking him, "just what are you asking me? Why am I in this place? The reason I am here is that Hoseok extended an invitation to me. Since you are the one present, it would seem that I was just a pawn for the both of you."

"Why would you accept an invitation to go on a trip with Hoseok?"

"The same reason you asked him to extend one to me."

"Seokjin, I am not used to you having that kind of tone with me-"

"And I am not used to you showing up where you are not invited!" Jin yelled as he felt frustrated by Taehyung's presence and Hoseok's betrayal.

Taehyung peered intently at Jin while tilting his head to the side and asked, "you are not?"

Jin rolled his eyes as he realized that, in the past, Taehyung had always shown up to his home unannounced and uninvited. He took a deep breath. "Those times were different. You and I had an agreement then. I was your Sub back then; I am not anymore. So it makes me uncomfortable to see you here when I was not given advance notice of your presence. I was tricked into coming here, and that's not cool."

"Does it really make you uncomfortable that I am here?" Taehyung asked, his eyes fixed on Jin's.

Jin made a series of erratic hand gestures and then questioned Taehyung, "What do you think, Taehyung?! Based on our last exchange, do you believe I would be pleased to see you? Have you lost your mind?"

Taehyung was ready to answer Jin when something caught his attention. This caused a change in his words and his concentration, and he said, "you are still wearing the bracelet."

Jin quickly placed his hands behind his back, "it's none of your business."

"Why haven't you taken it off?" Taehyung asked as he stepped forward.

Jin took a step back, "it has nothing to do with you."

Taehyung chuckled, "I beg to differ. It has everything to do with me."

As his pulse rate accelerated, Jin took a few deep breaths to calm himself. "Taehyung, please, stop. Why did you do this? Why are you here?"

"I want us to talk."

"Seriously?" Jin folded his arms and rolled his eyes. "Talk about what and why in Mexico?"

Taehyung maneuvered himself until he stood in front of Jin. As Jin's back was pressed against the rail and he had nowhere else to go, he was forced to stand there and concentrate on calming his thoughts.

"You didn't want to talk to me in Korea-"

"Why on earth would I want to have a conversation with you? After all, you've done, do you honestly believe I would want to speak to you? Because I used a safe word, you cast me aside as if I were nothing, and then you went on and did whatever you wanted, even having me banned from that website!"